List of Abbreviations and Their Meaning

I never knew about the wilco one, I thought it was just a normal word.

1 Like

Added as well!
Thanks!

Accelerate
North
Decelerate
South
and
Undershoot
North
Overshoot
South

Those aren’t abbreviations though… And how are those related to IF? They are more “general” terms, don’t see how this is directly linked to IF, except overshoot.

2 Likes

they actually are. not sure if there IF related but might be some good terms for IF pilots to use. was just putting it out there. they don’t have to use it just thought it would help.

Can you explain what they mean, though? Since they’re abbreviations, I mean…

has to deal with turning on a magnetic compass. if you wan to turn to a heading of north you would wan to undershoot 360 before getting to it and overshoot a turn to the south so if your heading 180 you would want to 190 due to the compass deviation.

You need to read up on your aviation buddy. Just Saying

What an informative comment, thank you for that :)

2 Likes

I’m laughing so hard right now. comment of the day goes to you Mats.

2 Likes

I just realised you meant ANDS UNOS… I thought you were stating them as individual “abbreviations”… Lol

1 Like

haha negative. and yeah I was saying UNOS plus ANDS

UNOS/ANDS explianed

1 Like

Yeah I get that, I just thought you were stating them one by one, not that it was one (technically two) abbreviations.

@N1RG Really? This hasn’t got anything to do with if I know UNOS/ANDS or not, but how I interpereted the comment. You need to read up on interpereting comments. Just saying.

1 Like

Glad you see my point now. yall both knock it off. jeez.

SSA: Soaring Society of America
IP: initial point
WW: Wings and Wheels

I didn’t start anything ¯_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

Every day is a school day! Learnt about ANDS today and still having my morning cup of tea.

Aviation magnetic compass work has its own differences from the maritime world!

1 Like

This is actually really useful

2 Likes

Well done. Thanks for putting your time and effort into making these for everyone<

1 Like