Line up and wait?!

Tower: XXX, line up and wait rwy XX
Me: Line up and wait rwy XX, XXX
Other aircraft: XXX is on final rwy XX, full stop
Tower: roger

I am in the runway, I make an “emergency take off”? (Any aircraft on the runway when other is on final) I am on TS1, I don’t know for expert.

its TS1 how far through final was he

2 Likes

Well, Training server will always be training server. But where there any airplanes actually on final? If so, how close where they? If they weren’t that close, there shouldn’t be any problem.

1 Like

This happens from time to time even on advanced. I will issue a LUAW to get you on the runway while another plane that just landed is exiting. Sometimes a pilot who is 8-10NM away will see it and give the final command as a “Hey look at me”. Yes I know they are there and my goal was to anticipate the exiting of the plane on the runway and get you on your way before the other plane landed.

If you get a LUAW you should be prepared to take off at any minute. Especially at airports with a single runway and a line of departing aircraft. (this is another reason to get to your exit as soon as possible) We are just trying to keep the line moving.

6 Likes

Solution to this, check final before entering the runway. Pilots in real life check left, check right. Before entering an active runway

1 Like

You cannot take off without the tower permission. In advanced server you will be goasted in a second. You have to wait and follow the instructions. If you are already on the runway and the incoming plane is too close the ATC will instruct him to go around, if not you have all the time to be cleared to take off. In training server you cannot be sure about nothing because people are learning, you can find an excellent ATC or an inexpert one. But if you want to flight in the future in the expert server is better to follows all the rules even in the others servers.

1 Like

I think there is an exception with TS pilots because they’re not as experienced as Expert, so of course you will follow Expert instruction more. This really depends how far the plane is, because if it’s more than 3NM away, it should be fine.

2 Likes

I never heard about a emergency take off before.

1 Like

Training server, it’s there for people to learn.