Limited Fuel

When spawning in, you will be prompted to adjust your weight settings. You will be able to set the amount of fuel on board, which will be shown in weight. As you fly, the amount of fuel decreases and your plane becomes lighter. Maybe if you run out of fuel, the engines will stop? This feature would be great if the engine start/stop feature was introduced.

99 Likes

Very nice idea bro! I’d certainly like to see the manual engines on/off soon :)

6 Likes

Good idea.

Best, Boeing707

2 Likes

Defeats the name of the app really… You run out of fuel and your flight is most definitely finite not infinite.

25 Likes

Good idea but impractical. Everyone would want to run out of gas or kill an engine so they could practice emergency procedures. It would drive ATC to distraction responding to “PanPanPan” or “Mayday” calls. Havoc would insue, ground stops, devertions, 360’s. etc. (Tried a “Pan” call the other day at Hono.The Tower ignored the call and secquenced me into the stream. I then up the ante with a “Mayday” the put me in a 360! Bad JuJu!)

7 Likes

Good point. I never thought about that… Maybe it could be prevented in live mode.

Best, Boeing707

4 Likes

Haha I see what you did there.

Best, Boeing707

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

I’m all for this if this engine start and shut is introduced. Certainly adds more realism to the game.

4 Likes

Or as an alternative money spinner for FDS, in app purchase fuel.

13 Likes

It’s not something that would cost money! :smile:
It would be like purchasing weight for you plane

4 Likes

Haha

“$0.99 for 200,000 litres!”
“$2.99 for 650,000 litres!”
“$5.99 for 1,400,000 litres!”
“$10.99 for 3,000,000 litres!”
“$29.99 for 7,000,000 litres!”
“$59.99 for 16,000,000 litres! <— BEST DEAL”

12 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

I’m not really a flight sim’r, definitely not to the same level that some of you guys are, but I find myself constantly surprised how some of you crave the mundane aspects of real life in a simulation.
It’s like when ATC first released, and I saw someone post he had to queue for 25mins to get to take off, and how happy he was.
Fuel - is it Union strikes next?

I can see engine system failures from a keeping it interesting aspect, and weight settings are already in from the fuel / simulation aspect.
Each to their own. I’d prefer improved physics, or flight model upgrades personally.

6 Likes

Great idea!
But also a V speeds calculator will be needed.

5 Likes

I guess when they global flights that will be a feature.

2 Likes

Here’s another thought, maybe include ‘finite’ or ‘infinite’ fuel as an option in the settings menu. That way, People who enjoy white-knuckle seat-of-their-pants landings and flights can enjoy their thing, and people who enjoy flying for the fun of it without any more added in-flight stress can play the Sim the way they like it as well.What do you all think?

6 Likes

Let’s use Lbs pls

2 Likes

I’ve been hoping that this would come out in a update soon

2 Likes

LOLOLOL…cute pun. But, I’d really like to see the ability to burn fuel in flight though :smile:

2 Likes