Lights on flight

Hello everyone and good evening!!
I would like to make a small summary on the basic lighting that every aircraft has and when it is used as I have seen too many not using it right on the servers.

There are four lights that every aircraft has and they are all used at some parts of a flight.

• Navigation light:
    This light is the easiest one, because it must always be on. It can be seen from very far and the purpose of it is to let everyone know the direction that the aircraft is heading.

• Beacon Lights:
    The second light is the “beacon lights”. These lights are two red flashing lights on top and under the aircraft. These lights are turned on when the engines are on. The main purpose of these lights is to let the ground crew know that the engines are on and they should be careful around them.

• Landing Lights
    These lights are strong lights that are used to see the runway with some difficult visibility. These lights must turn on when below 10,000 feet.

• Strobe Lights:
    Last and most important one is the Strobe Lights!
    These are flashing white lights at the tip of the wings and rear of the aircraft.
    **the strobe lights are to remain on from the moment you enter a runway for takeoff, until after you leave the runway on landing **
    The purpose of these lights is to let other aircraft know that there is an aircraft on the runway or getting close to the runway.

I hope this will make infinite flight more realistic for some flyers.
If there are any questions feel free to dm me.

Thank you
-Nathan

If there are any mistake or inaccuracy please let me know as well, thank you!

6 Likes

Hey @Nathan_A, the strobe lights are to remain on from the moment you enter a runway for takeoff, until after you leave the runway on landing. They stay on the whole time you are in the air, regardless of altitude.

2 Likes

The only situation listed in the AIM for discontinuing the use of Anti-Collision is in severe IFR conditions where the reflection of the ACL’s off the clouds causes vision issues for the pilots. However, most commercial airliners don’t have to worry about that simply due to their size.

1 Like

Thank you! Corrected

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.