Lifeguard 2 | 91CO spotting

Hello IFC after getting T8i over the holidays I finally got a chance to use it! While sitting in my living room in the mountains I heard Lifeguard 2 take off from the hospital and thought I might as well go over and try getting some photos of it during its operations. This photo shoot was a challenge because I never knew quite when it would be out on the pad or flying due to the weather.

Gear:
Canon 850D (T8i)
Canon 18-55mm Lens

After 2 attempts I finally managed to catch it on the pad
Camera Settings
ISO: 100
F-Stop: 5
Shutter Speed: 1/100
MM: 44mm

While on my way back up to the pad after lunch I started to hear the thump of a helicopter starting and saw the rotors start turning luckily I made it just in time to see it hover and depart.
Camera Settings
Shutter Speed: 1/60
MM: 37mm

After quickly switching my camera settings for a in flight photo I managed to get this photo.
Camera Settings
Shutter Speed: 1/250
MM: 44mm

After getting a notification from ADSB exchange that it was inbound I went out 1 last time to catch my first night photo with the camera.
Camera Settings
ISO: 2500
F-Stop: 5.6
Shutter Speed: 1/15
MM: 55mm

Thank you for reading this topic I hope you enjoyed the photos and before anyone asks yes I made sure that there was not a victim on board before taking photos of the helicopter and made sure to stay out of the way of the crew.

And one last thing which was the best?

• Photo 1
  • Photo 2
  • Photo 3
  • Photo 4
0 voters

*Edit should I print these out and give them to the crews?

15 Likes

I know exactly where those were taken and what mountain is in the background!

Amazing shots!

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken it’s Buffalo Mountain

1 Like

Gorgeous shots! For me the night shot looks the best. The first shot is nice but for some reason that snow on the rock directly in front of you has a weird edited look and draws your eye to it.

The same on the second shot with the mountain peak getting lost it the sky/clouds. Other than that they look great.

1 Like

Amazing!

Air paramedics are often unmentioned first responder heroes. I’ve been lucky enough to be able to tour LifeLink III’s facility at Hennepin County Medical Center, the largest hospital in Minneapolis with a Level 1 trauma center. LifeLink III provides air medical service across the state, as well as parts of the Dakotas, Iowa, and Wisconsin. Often times, rural hospitals have limited life support/major trauma care capabilities, and helicopters are vital in saving patient’s lives by getting people to bigger medical facilities.

It’s fascinating logistical-wise. Paramedics need to be able to be in the air within 10 minutes of the call for help, which is quite a feat, given everything that needs to be ready in order to go, day or night, good weather or bad weather.

1 Like

They both came out fairly backlit so I did a bit of editing but I’ll remember that for the future! Glad you liked them

Agreed that pad has a bit of a thing in my heart as I watched the old helicopter crash on it from my living room in 2015

1 Like