Liam_Roldan’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ RPLL

Hello! Currently, RPLL Tower and Ground is now active.

Airport: Manila Ninoy Aquino Airport
Server: Training Server
Name: Captain Liam

Note:

• Pattern work is allowed
    You may explore the beauty of Philippines!

Hope to see you there!

If you’re not IFATC, why is it in your name?..

6 Likes

Please add [OPEN] or [CLOSED] to your title for people to know if you are open or closed

Already fixed it for him.

1 Like

My name here is different in game, sorry about that.

I’ve notice…
@W4FFleTrUck?

Lol, Thanks for noticing me ;)

Just some feedback from my experience:
I was XS-741F Heavy in the 787-8 with the Boeing house livery btw.

Note: all this feedback if based off of the info I learned while reading the ATC manual and watching the ground/tower ATC tutorial videos in prep for the IFATC written test (I’m probably going to take it tomorrow). I strongly recommend that you look at both as they made me realize how much I had been doing ATC wrong since I started controlling.

When you clear someone to taxi to a runway, you are also clearing them to change frequency when they are holding short and ready at the runway. You do not need to tell people to switch to tower when they are close to the runway (you did this to me), they will switch themselves-- the exception is that if it is busy and they have been holding short for a while without switching.

There was no point in telling me to line up and wait on the runway when the aircraft ahead of me was already airborne, you should have cleared me for takeoff. The other aircraft and I were both in 787s so separation wouldn’t have been an issue (if it was a cessna 172 then making me wait a little bit would have been perfectly fine)

I still don’t understand why you told me I was approved to change frequency after you cleared me for take off and told me to make left traffic. Don’t do that; you want aircraft that are in the pattern to remain on your frequency.

Once I was on left downwind, you should have cleared me for the option. Instead you waited until I was on left base to clear me for landing, despite my request for touch and go. You really should have cleared me for the option. The conditions for pattern work were still fine and the pattern only had me in it so its not like it was full. Clearing for landing does not clear me for touch and go. In general, clear aircraft in the pattern for the option.

That being said, you were fine in everything else concerning the controlling of my flight. Honestly, I made the exact same mistakes before I read through the manual and watched the tutorial videos so I encourage you to look through them and I hope to see the IFATC in your display name to actually mean something one day (meaning that you actually will become an IFATC)!

@W4FFleTrUck Thank you for that lovely feedback! I’ll promise to memorize all the procedures, as they say a good IFATC learn from their mistakes. :))

Liam, if you are serious about becoming an IFATC I suggest the following:

1. study the IFATC tutorials on YouTube. Watch them multiple times to get the full idea. Don’t worry about the Approach tutorials for now.
  2. remove IFATC from your callsign. It looks a bit silly
  3. only open as Tower and Ground.
  4. study the feedback you receive form pilots. If you don’t understand: ask
  5. you change the top post in your thread and make more inviting and airport independent. See more below.

Suggestion for your top post:

Hi all, I am preparing to work towards IFATC and I would welcome you to visit my airport and do some patterns. And I would really welcome your feedback here in this thread. In a reply to this thread, I will report where I will open en for how long.

Thanks in advance for coming.
Best regards, Liam

Before you open an airport as ATC, reply to your own top post, and inform us where you will open, and for what period of time. And update your thread’s title. And when you say you’ll open for an hours, then make sure you do. Don’t forget that pilots will read your post and take the time to spawn with their aircraft to fly for you and help you. So take their help serious by thanking them for coming.

I can’t stress enough that you watch those tutorials on YouTube. You will see ‘golden rules’ applied in the IFATC tutorial videos on YouTube. :

1. Watch aircrafts on your platform. Good Ground control is important. Use hold position and give way instructions. Give way instructions are sometimes given before a taxi instruction.
  2. Understand the concept of the Pattern. Know your departure, crosswind, downwind, base and final legs.
  3. every new inbound always first gets a pattern entry instruction, to inform the pilot how he should approach
  4. Every runway change always first gets a pattern entry instruction
  5. sequencing is your friend ”. Very important. It is used to tell pilots who to follow.Re-sequence if this helps to provide clarity. Extend downwind, I’ll call your base, and speed instructions are not meant for sequencing. Use sequence instructions, as many and as often as is needed.
  6. Use I’ll call your base, to delay the base turn of an inbound aircraft. Apply this to create space to allow outbound aircrafts to depart, or to avoid clashes with other aircrafts.
  7. aircrafts remaining in the pattern get a touch and go with an exit turn direction. This is needed only once. After this, the pilot will assume the same exit direction (number 1, cleared for the option, after the option make left traffic).
  8. Timely clearance for landing or for the option
  9. landed aircrafts all get a runway exit instruction . Know your exit procedures
  10. an inbound aircraft only gets one (1) landing/option clearance.

Send me a direct message if you have questions.

All the best.
Anton

4 Likes

Hello! Please give some opinions in me being an ATC, I will deeply appreciate it.

Hello! I was 9V-SPA
Some feedback regarding your controlling just now.

1. When an aircraft just took off in a pattern,you don’t need to give left/right traffic every single time as you already gave that command on takeoff.

2. Inbound aircraft or aircraft requesting runway change Always need to a pattern entry first,sequence if necessary and then Clear.

I suggest you to watch the tutorials on Tower/ground and sequencing.Thanks for the patterns.And the ''avoid unnecessary messages" was funny lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.