Level 3 violation with no warning

I forgot what airport I was flying into but I was doing a mission and had filed an IFR. Checked in with approach and they told me to continue as planned and literally as I touched my wheels down , (I do remember it was runway 14) …
ATC assigned a new runway as I was touching down and before I had a chance to do anything, the warning message popped up on my screen stating that I *followed my flight plan as opposed to following their instructions"or something to that effect.
Now I can’t fly in the expert server for a week. Is there anyway I can appeal this? The point is that there was not really a warning they just issued it. Did not give me time to correct it or go around…

Appeals process here; probably best to try and contact the controller first to chat about it

3 Likes

Apologies for the ignorance but how do I get a hold of the controller?

I would recommend just going straight to appeals. If the controller thinks they made a mistake, they’ve probably already contacted a higher up about it. If they don’t, you’re not going to get through to them. Just let appeals decide, safest bet.

1 Like

You can go into your violation log and it will say something like “reported by xxxx”. You can then message them by searching them up. However, given that you are a basic user, I’m not sure you have private message privileges to other users (I’m not exactly sure how trust levels work though). It should still let you message @appeals if you click on that, though.

1 Like

What do you mean by a “basic user”? I do have a pro account and was level 3 before the violation. And by the way thanks for all your help

No worries! Basic user is a classification on the forum only - it’s unrelated to your pro subscription or flying record. It’s listed under “trust level” in your profile. I just looked it up and “basic” is TL1 which means you should be able to send messages to other users. You can read about the general schema here:

1 Like

Okay well I checked the replay of the flight and I was reported by Hornet11. I didn’t see any place to personally message them and I’m sorry for any inconvenience I’m causing you I just want to get this squared away. Thanks

No worries! I’ll set up a message so you can talk to him.

2 Likes

Check your inbox, and make sure you prepare a replay. Hopefully, the controller can give you insight on what happened and you can always go to appeals after that if you want.

2 Likes

Yeh, I tried contacting a controller in the past and got no answer so just went straight to appeals and it got sorted

2 Likes

I appreciate your help. Yeah I’ve already messaged hornet and uploaded a replay file so the appeals process is already been started. Again thanks for your input

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s a simple internet glitch, similar thing happened to me so I uploaded a reply file to appeals, and the report is gone.

1 Like