Less fly in/ out from Russian / Moscow airports!

Why people are hesitating to fly in or out from Russian/ Moscow airports? Even if ATC(expert server) is available? Is it due to war?

2 Likes

Mixed views with the ongoing war. So it’s a possibility. Put it to a vote to the community

5 Likes

War is going on , i agree tht, but thts not fair people avoiding airspace and airports, after all this its just a game/simulator

4 Likes

Not quite sure I’m following. What is this based on?

1 Like

If people want to fly - they fly. This could be based on real flights or whatever, there are still a lot of airlines that fly to russia irl

2 Likes

I didnt see as much as traffic in and out of russian airspace , and no active fly in or out of active atc russian airports , so i am asking is it due to war ???

2 Likes

Would say it was any different before the war though?

1 Like

I know, but it still awkard when people still do some kind of weird approach in a game to simulator tooo

1 Like

I use to see people, were flying in and out or using russian airspace ! Like all other airports

1 Like

Ok!

Well, one thing that many users like to do is to re-enact real life conditions. Which is quite normal for simulator players. And given the current situation, it gets slightly tricky.

9 Likes

Okay anyway, let it be after all its everyone choices! One more request is Russian airspace so bigger , please make more 3D airports in Russia

IRL Emirates still flyes to russia.

2 Likes

This could be due to multiple reasons:

• To recreate the restrictions in real life
  • Most people in this forum are from Europe and the US, Russian flights aren’t a thing quite familiar to them, the same goes for flights in Africa
  • Most people just use the first route popping up in Simbrief, which is also what FPLtoIF pulls out (This is actually a result of reason 1)
7 Likes

I agree, I love recreating real life situations so I avoid flying in Ukraine/Russian airspace even though I’m from Serbia and Air Serbia, our national airline, actively flies to and from Russian airports. (Which I’m not proud about tbh)

1 Like

Anyway most of GCC countries and some asian countries are flying in and out of Russian airports, Personally i love to fly from Russian airports! And spcl request is need more 3D airports in Russia, and i hope that creators and moderators doesn’t have objection or decision to impose sanction against in using Russian airspace or airports

Yes, Biden called FAA, then FAA called infinite flight developers and asked to reduce number of flights above ukranian and russian airspaces. Also, what a shock, Transaero livery won’t be available for the rewoked A380!!! 😲…

But well, let’s look from the different point of view. The developers added to the development two russian liveries Pobeda B738 and Rossiya B773 just within one month! I also heard Aeroflot VA was created recently and they already had relatively big event with many pilots.

I think you see now that no restrictions for both sides exist here. This is the place where we want to forget about all hard and complecated mess hapenning around us on daily basis and as they say just “carry your passion” 🤗

Peace!

2 Likes

I used to fly to Russia, but as I only ever flew Aeroflot when they were allowed in Europe. I dont ever fly them because of realism. I only fly with VA’s and their codeshares

1 Like

I don’t particularly care what’s happening in the real world when I fly on IF. I’ll fly in Russia, Ukraine, Israel, and not too long ago I did some flights out of Syria.

1 Like

It’s unfortunate that Russia has become a foreshadowed region due to the ongoing conflict, as many people refuse to fly to/from the region for whatever region to ‘not support’ what’s going on (even though flying over a country in a simulator doesn’t reflect any relevance to the real-world, it’s just personal-gain). Especially as Russia has some amazing scenery, amazing 3D airports, and an amazing presence of people in the community that I wouldn’t even consider to think negatively about for a second.

I have definitely flown to these regions a lot less in more recent times though. I’ve seen Russia appear a lot less on the ATC schedule, barely appearing once or twice as a lesser-featured airport. I do miss the days of pre-3D when Moscow used to be a fairly dominant region on the schedule, as it does provide a huge variety of routes.

Obviously the aspect that can’t be denied, is the realism. Most people fly realistic routes, myself included. With the resources I use (FlightRadar24), it’s not possible for me to view times before the air restrictions were imposed, so I very rarely find myself flying in and out of Russia, and haven’t flown out of Ukraine since the airspace closed - simply due to the real-world lack of aircraft flying those routes. Kyiv to JFK and YYZ used to be a favourite long haul of mine on the UIA 772.

I’d like to think that in the future, the activity of flying in Russia increases back to its original state. Like any major event in the world, there will be a period of reduced activity, but hopefully more people will begin to utilise the region once again when the heat has cooled. Thanks for making this topic, It’s been an interesting read, and it’s nice to see your genuine interest as well as everyone else’s unprejudiced views. :)

7 Likes

Thank you for ur wonderful words. I really appreciate it , one more request atleast try to include ATC in Russian airports in upcoming schedule, and please do more 3D airports . I am always looking towards flying within Russian cities with ATC ❤️ #россия

4 Likes