Leh Airbase Fly-In @VILH-1JAN24

Leh Adventures

Summary: Welcome to Leh Adventures! A group flight to fly and/or control at India’s highest and most challenging commercial airport: Leh Airbase. IRL Operational Restrictions: Due to its high altitude and challenging terrain, flights to Leh are subject to various operational restrictions, and pilots require special training and certification to land at this airport.
it is the highest commercial airport in India and one of the [highest (List of highest airports - Wikipedia) in the world.

To learn more about Leh Airbase ( Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport), read this web-page Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport - Wikipedia

Server : Expert

Airport: Leh Airbase ( Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport) ICAO: VILH

Time: 1530z-1630z

**Photos of Leh Airbase! **
764623582020206748-1

ATC

This event is a part of the schedule, thus any IFATC is welcome to open and provide their services at Leh!

Further information

In regards on the challenging approach, it is necessary and recommended to have a look at this airport guide Your Guide to Leh Airbase - Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport (VILH)
Thanks to @ CaptainSooraj

Route: scheduled to be flown

VIDP-VILH
Indira Gandhi International Airport (Delhi Airport) to Leh Airbase

Use of Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 in VIDP, for domestic deprtures.

Aircraft

Air India A320, Indigo A320, Vistara A320, Spicejet B737

NOTAMS

Please mark ✔️Going if you are attending the event.
☑ Any directions from ATC must be followed.
☑ Minumum separation of 5 nautical miles horizontal and 1000ft vertical must be adhered to at all times.
☑ Please follow IFATC instructions if present to avoid unnecessary violations. In case of the absence of IFATC please ensure proper use of UNICOM. follow all expert server rules. Most importantly, have fun!

Timings
2024-01-01T15:30:00Z2024-01-01T16:30:00Z

6 Likes

The title says January 24th, but the RSVP feature says the event is 2024-01-01T15:30:00Z -which one is correct?

well I thought it was 1stJan24 (year)

Ahh, OK. I see what you mean.

I think the title was meants to say “1jan24”

So january 1, 2024.

Happy new year btw :)
(Yes, I’m in Germany)

1 Like

Happy New Year!

1 Like

Did you know?

The airport was established in 1985 to handle limited flights for the Indian Air Force. (Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport - Wikipedia) In 2016, the airport was to be handed over to Airports Authority of India, which will expand it for civilian use.[5] However, the Ministry of Defence clarified that a portion of land will be earmarked for a construction of a new terminal and the airport will continue to serve military flights.

2 Likes

Happy new year everyone.
Can’t wait for this flight

Is everyone excited? Flight will be starting in about 2hrs and 40mins!!!

Thanks for everyone who joined, grateful. More groupflights/Events to come soon! Stay tuned.

2 Likes

Thanks for the invite, had a lot of fun shooting the approach at VILH, including the G/A on my first attempt. Enjoyed the departure likewise! Cheers mate!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.