Legacy United | B772 | Honolulu Approach

Hello everyone!

It’s been a while since I’ve uploaded any screenshots so these ones may not be up to my usual standard as I get back into the swing of things, so bear with me :)

I decided to use the old United livery on the B772 from CYVR to PHNL – Vancouver to Honolulu. Not actually sure if this is a route United flys, but it would definitely be a cool one! Being able to see the west coast of the North American continent whizz underneath you as you power towards the pacific… pretty cool in my book!

A brisk, morning departure from Vancouver Int’l. The sunrise slowly sweeps over the aerodrome.

The runway lights are still illuminated as the United B772 makes its westernly departure.

Roughly four hours later, we begin to cross over the coastline and push further towards Hawaii.

After another four hours or so… land ahoy! Descending rapidly, with her speedbrakes deployed, the United B772 makes a hasty, left traffic approach.

After a quick turn to final, full flaps come out and the gear extends.

Our United B772 is aligned with the Runway 8L localizer.

…and there she goes, a butter landing!

Thanks for coming along :) Let me know what you guys think in the comments, drop a like, and give me some suggestions on what you guys would like to see next.

21 Likes

Yeah… they definitely don’t, I’m sure WestJet or Air Canada does tho

Nice shots too, cool sunrise in Vancouver and interesting to see the Battleship Gray livery!

1 Like

I just did some quick research and it looks like they do offer some service to from CYVR to PHNL but it isn’t non-stop. Unfortunate :(

Yea probably with a stop in San Francisco

1 Like

amazing pictures! how long was the flight time may i ask?

1 Like

Great pictures, looks like you really greased the landing :)

1 Like

Amazing pictures with outstanding explanation! Great to have you back posting again:)

1 Like

I’m gonna pretend I didn’t just see an Azul E190
In honolulu

2 Likes

That looks like Toronto to me…
Nice shots! I hope you had a nice flight :)

4 Likes

Beautiful photos of the 772😍

1 Like

Flight time was just over 9 hours :)

kk, the airport you took off in however was Toronto, but other than that, great pictures

West jet does perform this flight non-stop in the 737-800 I believe.

Nice pictures!

1 Like

nice picture,just like movie!

Awesome pictures man! You’ve inspired me to do this flight. Gotta love the classic united livery!