Leaving Game During Long-Haul Flights

Hello, all. I’m a new member to the community, so please forgive me if this question has already been asked. I’ve made it to grade 2 doing mostly short to mid haul routes while watching a movie or something, but I obviously can’t ignore my phone for 14 hours during the day for long haul flights. Would it be okay to tan out of the game and do other things on my phone while my flight is going on. My device is an iPhone XS MAX, so I don’t think i will be having any hardware issues while multitasking. Thanks in advance!

5 Likes

If you leave the app at any time during your flight or turn off your device, it will disconnect you from the live server.

Also, welcome to the community!

5 Likes

Yeah it won’t work I prefer using a iPad and then you have your phone free

6 Likes

The app needs to run as the main app and u can’t leave or that would disconnect u and cancel ur flight. So u would have to restart again

3 Likes

If your gonna be doing 14 hour flights. Or just long haul flights in general. I would highly recommend getting or using a second device. As if you leave the app while it’s running, you won’t gain any progress into your flight. Your flight will completely pause.

Welcome to the community 👋👋

2 Likes

You can leave it for a minute or so without any issues maybe to reply to a text or something but I wouldn’t risk any longer than that otherwise you could be disconnected from the live server, resulting in your flight being lost. You will still get the correct amount of XP and hours though if you had to leave and were disconnected.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for all the help, guys! Looks like I’ll be getting my iPad out of the closet!

Also, thanks for the warm welcome! I’ve been playing the game for a while, but I’ve just recently got back into it and am having a great time, so I figured I’d hop on here and be a more active member of the community!

4 Likes

Proof that Covid-19 has its positives☝️☝️☝️

3 Likes

I don’t know if this is a feature on iOS devices
But there is a feature on Android devices called
Split screen.

1 Like

Never heard of it on IOS. Not saying it’s not on it. But have personally never heard of it. Would be nice if it was though

2 Likes

Example

1 Like

Oh wow. That is cool

2 Likes

There is. But it’d most likely cause even more wear and tear on your device, IF does enough as it is.

Leaving the game in the background is not possible and will only make you disconnect from the servers.

2 Likes

It didn’t effect my s8 plus so🤷🏻‍♂️

Very true!

It seems like I’ve played every game I own 10 times, so it was time for IF and I haven’t been able to put it down. I’m at about 15,000XP and I really want to get to Grade 3, so I’m trying my best. I’ve got all the other requirements except the XP

1 Like

Very true. A lot of devices struggle with running IF. Adding another app to that as well. Basically torturing your device. 😂😂

1 Like

Touch and goes at a windy BIKF will get you there in no time

4 Likes

Well not all

2 Likes

Yes not only that, but sometimes when you leave the app the game can crash.

1 Like

True. Very true

1 Like