Leader Kim's arrival into Singapore

Hello everyone! I was clearing up some backlog that I had since I was bored and came across a few shots that I wanted to re-edit since I didn’t really do a great job back then. This was the day North Korea’s leader Kim Jong-Un arrived into Singapore. He came to attend his summit with US President Donald Trump which was held at Capella Hotel. I believe this day,10th June 2018 was the day all aviation enthusiasts(In Singapore) and people who wanted to witness this historic moment gathered up at Changi Beach to catch these birds! Sadly Donald Trump arrived in late at night on AF1 which I did catch but the shots were just not worth uploading… Hope you guys enjoy these 3 shots :)

P-914 an Ilyushin IL76MD on short finals carrying all of Kim’s cargo.

The actual aircraft Kim was sitting in, an Air China B747-4J6 registration B-2447.

P-618 an Ilyushin IL-62M arriving in last to ferry Kim back to North Korea when the time came.

And this was not even half of the crowd…

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/11/world/asia/trump-kim-summit-plane.html

Equipment:
Cam: Canon 77D
Lens: Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS II USM

All photos are mine unless stated otherwise.

73 Likes

Very rare shots! Great one there :)

Was I there? I can’t remember already lol

2 Likes

Wow, that’s quite cool. Also didn’t know that you, Nicholas, and others had a spotting group until today 😂

5 Likes

I’m not actually surprised of North Korea using an Chinese-owned aircraft, becuase of their relations with eachother.

5 Likes

Its just me, @OTO and @MilkTea, and others who aren’t on this forum.

This is interesting

2 Likes

Ah! The Supremest of Leaders

5 Likes

Ah @TheAviationGallery I always wondered why your watermark said “radarphotographysg” instead of your name or something. Now it makes sense

3 Likes

Those are some awesome photos. Must have felt odd being that close to the leader of North Korea. Well done!

Happy Flying :)
Cign

1 Like

Not an everyday spot that for sure! Cool pictures!

1 Like

My name is somewhere in the picture… hidden! :)

Great shots!!

1 Like

Nice shots! And one other thing… North America’s president?

and also the irony of kim flying an american aircraft lol

1 Like

Thanks sir

Thanks! You can check us out on Insta if you like, just type Radar Photography and it should appear :)

The main water mark is visible but our names are in there somewhere hidden ;)

https://instagram.com/radarphotosg

1 Like

Thanks! @Captain_Cign @KPIT @den.aviation @nativetoalaska

3 Likes

Wow! Nice catch, very rare to see this. Love the pics and the clean editing

1 Like

Thank you!!

2 Likes