LCY realistic arrival, Misha photobomb

**•EGFF-EGLC in the A318, expert server.

• this was the most realistic flight I have ever done on here! So much traffic above London tonight.

•Fully staffed with London Center active, as well as all LHR, LGW and LCY frequencies.

Photo 3 is a full view of my flight including the Cardiff departure and long STAR into LCY rwy 09 avoiding the LHR traffic.

Photo 1 is a closer view of my arrival

Photo 2 is me on base leg, a thousand feet safely below @MishaCamp as he turns onto final for LHR :)

definitely not clickbaiting Misha, also the order of the photos is weird, it uploaded them randomly**

10 Likes

Very nice picture and a crazy (but realistic) approach into City. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Yes, it is quite something when the approach is as long as the flight! As you said, realistic. Funny how far out you go before you turn back and join downwind for 09!

1 Like

Huh, never knew the LCY approach was that long… looks like it pretty much doubles your flight time. Nice catch too with Misha!

1 Like

Yeah, I imagine it is because you fly high iver london, above all LHR arrivals. And then you sneak into city on right downwind For 09 at 2000 feet, all LHR arrivals/Departures will be at least at 3000 feet, so safely above

2 Likes

Nice shot on the second photo, great angle!

1 Like

It’s also to let you have enough time to configure the aircraft for the special steep approach into,City (and to clear the traffic conflicts you mentioned). Noise reduction might well be a factor as well.

1 Like

Super cool. I saw you under me at 2K. Gotta love the new proceedures making this possible 😍

6 Likes