LAX Taxiing Question

Hey guys and gals and deer crushers!
As you know, LAX’s Terminals 4-8 are on the southern side of the airport. So let’s say that you land on 24R, but your gate is at, say, Terminal 5. (AA for example.) Which taxiways would you use to get there?
Thanks in advance!

When aircraft land on 24R, they often use taxiway AA all the way to the south side of the airport, they would then turn onto C, and taxi to their gate.

Credits

2 Likes

You would usually vacate at exit point AA and then taxi AA to C or B to the terminal. Unfortunately I don’t think I can show the chart for copyright reasons.

Edit: Got beaten to it 😆

1 Like

Okay. Thank you both!
@AviatorJack @Marquatzi

2 Likes

If you are wanting to be “realistic” with your taxiing, LA uses an approach that puts aircraft on taxiways according to direction.

Any aircraft on the south side taxiing to the east, (heading to terminal or to 25R) will taxi via bravo. Any aircraft heading west will taxi via charlie

For the north side, echo goes to the east, and delta goes to the west.

3 Likes

Mostly correct. Taxiway bravo would be used for an aircraft heading east (to the terminal from AA).

2 Likes

@mwe2187
Alright. Thanks!

1 Like

giphy

6 Likes

definitely not screenshotting this for later

1 Like

Hey, I’m back. I was wondering if exit point AA is also used for aircraft going from the south side to the north?
Thanks!