LAX People Mover has begun construction

This is a big day for Los Angeles International Airport!
The long awaited people mover has begun construction, and is expected to be completed in 2023, and has a projected cost of approximately $4.5-5 billion dollars. This people mover will start from the terminating point of LA Metro’s Green Line (Crenshaw/LAX Line), which is also under construction (LA Metro’s Article)

This is expected to decrease traffic in the LAX area, the departures/arrivals area, and the actual flight delays, making LAX a much more efficient airport all around. What are your thoughts?

we have this at Dfw INTERNATIONAL airport

Yes, many other airports have it, but LAX doesn’t have one which is why this is a big deal.

1 Like

I’ve rode that one at DFW and the door closed on my mom, we got separated for 20 minutes until my mom took the next tram to the next stop 😂

2 Likes

I live in DFW so you should know that that is more likely to happen to me. I love traveling there as it is a very nice airport.

1 Like

The one it KPIT is pretty neat, but they’re taking it out as part.of the terminal modernization program

1 Like

I’m quite surprised LAX is just installing this now considering how busy the airport is. Their other busy counterparts have already had a system like this around for years! Car traffic at airports is terrible nowadays especially with the influx of ridesharing services. I’m all for reducing that in any way possible.

Been on the Air TrAAin (is it still called that?) a few times. It’s definitely a cool thing there. Arrived in Terminal D and had to reach my connection in A. Took only a few minutes. Much better than covering all that distance on foot. You also get cool airside views. 😎

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.