LAX Is Broken | 06 March 2022

Hello, everyone. Last weekend, I took a trip to LA to meet up with @AndrewWu, @Speedyyy, @robert_xing, @Guxk, and @Cameron_Stone and do a bit of spotting. It was a long two months of planning, but the time finally arrived.

Gear

Canon EOS 4000D
Sigma 150-600mm (ground shots)
Sigma 100-400mm (helicopter shots)

On to the photos, then.

N389DN making it’s morning run off to Detroit as the first rays of sun begin to light up LAX.

N536UW lifting off to Dallas just minutes after N389DN.

N406KZ lifting off for Narita.

A Global 6000 repositioning from Van Nuys made an appearance, crossing the south side to the corporate ramp via taxiway Tango.

Bucket list 1 of 3 today was my Fiji Airways A350 shot, which I snagged for the first time after previously missing it twice. DQ-FAI made the trip from Nadi.

@Guxk managed to smooth talk his way into getting us on top of the famous H Hotel. Absolute legend. Bucket list 2 of 3 soon followed, with F-ONUI making the trip from Paris.

Bucket list 3 of 3 was our helicopter flight over LAX. Despite being just an hour, it was one of the greatest things I’ve ever experienced.

B-2422 departing off to Shenzhen. Yes, it’s backlit. No, there’s nothing I can do about it.

N78003 departs over the shimmering Pacific Ocean bound for Denver.

N192SY zooms past Terminal 4 on it’s way up to SJC.

And finally, the iconic Tom Bradley International Terminal, almost completely full.

I may post more if I feel like it, we’ll see. Thanks for checking it out.

Instagram

https://instagram.com/dfwjets

64 Likes

love seeing Tom Bradley full again!

2 Likes

dfwjets

2 Likes

altaria55

2 Likes

klas.spotting

2 Likes

Really cool how did you get the air shots

1 Like

4 Likes

Love the pictures!
So y’all organized yourself together through the community forum? That’s probably one of the coolest things I’ve seen on here for a long time!

1 Like

Lol, it was right there😅

everyone gangsta till he pan from the heli

4 Likes

It’s pretty great.

atis.alpha

Yeah, we’ve all known each other within the community for over two years.

You did it better but yeah

2 Likes

Andrew thought he had something but then the pan came in clutch.

Nice shots there ! :)

He’d do it better if he tried

yeah we learned that i can’t pan from the helicopter

but i have topaz so actually i can

No I did try; I’m just shaky lol

adam moment

heck yeah. SSS gang 🤟🏼🤌🏼✌🏼

Wow! Were you all up in the helicopter together? What kind of helicopter was it?

1 Like

It was @Altaria55, @Guxk, and me in one helicopter and @robert_xing, @Cameron_Stone, and one other non IFC member on the helicopter after us. They are Robinson R44s.

2 Likes