LAX from Above (Part One)

Happy Tuesday! A few days ago I had the opportunity to do an aerial spotting session over Los Angeles International Airport! If you’re able I highly recommend this experience, it is really unlike anything else.

Starting off with a Delta A319, I was able to capture this one from just around 1,500 feet since ATC cleared us down to a lower altitude for a little while!

Next up we have an ERJ 175 with American Eagle coming in for landing on 24L, the only active north runway due to the current 24R renovations.

A Southwest 737-800 also landing on 24L, shot from 1,500!

Back up at 2,500 I was able to shoot this Delta 737-800 as it came in right over the freeway!

And finally, the queen herself, a Lufthansa 747-8 making its way to runway 24L!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out some of my photos! I’m sure there will be a part two at some point, these were all I had gotten around to editing so far!

If you want to check out more of my work, follow me on Instagram: @jackson.aviation

57 Likes

i would too, just pray that you don’t end up having your session cancelled due to weather like i did lol

2 Likes

Was looking a bet questionable when I got there, tons of haze but I guess I just got lucky

1 Like

good! ima be back in town from the 12-14th so ima try to get a ride then

1 Like

how…??? these are beautiful!

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

I love the up top spotting great shots mate 🤟🏽

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Beautiful photos! How did you manage to get up there? The lighting looks stunning

1 Like

Got to love that California sunshine! I booked a session with Star Helicopters and they arranged clearance into the Bravo Airspace. The helicopter didn’t have a door on my side so I was able to hang out the side and shoot photos! (Side note, a little bit terrifying 😂)

2 Likes

These are amazing pictures!

1 Like

The shadow on the road on this pic just goes to show how big these things are. Crazy to see the true scale lol

1 Like

Wow, very rare you see spotting photos from an angle like this, nice work!

1 Like

This is incredible!

1 Like

But in a fun way though, as long as you have trust in your straps haha

1 Like

Thank you!

It’s even more apparent with the 747 in the pictures I haven’t edited

1 Like

Oh I trusted the straps but the lack of door is till terrifying nonetheless

To be honest, I was more worried for my camera than I was for myself. Don’t know if that says something about me LOL

3 Likes

I was holding onto that camera with my life, after someone dropped their lens cap over ATL it was the only thing I could think about

1 Like