LATAM Files For Bankruptcy - LATAM Argentina Ceases Operations Indefinitely

Really hope they come out of this a stronger and possibly better airline, LATAM is and I’m not gonna lie one of my favourite airlines.

Hopefully this helps them! Hopefully they make the best of this!

Quite a few people need to learn the difference between bankruptcy in Europe verse bankruptcy in the US as well as the difference between Chapter 11 and Chapter 7. As OP pointed out it is a Chapter 11 filing meaning they are just restructuring their debt. It is not the same thing as filing for bankruptcy in Europe which is like a Chapter 7 here in the US where you file and you are ceasing operations and liquidating your assets because of overwhelming debt. Frankly every airline that is registered in the US should be filing for Chapter 11 right now if they have any debt.

6 Likes

LATAM plans to return these aircraft to their lessors:

• 1 Airbus A319
  • 1 Airbus A320
  • 11 Airbus A321s
  • 2 A350-900s
  • 4 Boeing 787-9s.

LATAM also hopes their joint venture with Delta gets accelerated through restructuring.

Well that’s sad

You know what I was thinking. Maybe LATAM would merge with Delta?

1 Like

This is sad! LATAM is the biggest airline at my country, hope they get this with no more problems, that would be a horrible missing. I don’t wanna see my red and blue Go :(

LATAM has announced its Argentina subsidiary will cease operations for an indefinite period of time

https://www.latam.com/es_ar/prensa/comunicados/LATAM-Airlines-Argentina-informa-cese-de-operaciones-por-tiempo-indeterminado/

2 Likes

Ouch LATAM…

Are you meaning that its temporary?

Yeah closing the Argentina ops sounds temporary, but it seems like it’ll be years before they resume, if they revive the subsidiary.

2 Likes

Aerolineas Argentinas will be well off after all this then.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.