Last 747-8i is completed and ready to sell.

I 100% agree, except they haven’t yet.

Those aren’t firm orders yet, however they should be ordered soon too, although Trump didn’t want them.

I thought the orders were firmed before Trump was elected.

He canceled it becuase he was outrage by how much it will cost.

Nope, check Wikipedia they are not confirmed yet.

1 Like

Heros get remembered, but legends never die. (Babe Ruth quote)

Basically saying that the B747-8i is a legendary aircraft and will never die

8 Likes

That’s probably true.

1 Like

Very very very very (you get the point) sad. Hopefully we will see many former passenger jumbos become BCFs and operate possibly decades more. The -F is still a great option for cargo airlines.

1 Like

This makes me really sad, it hasn’t even been that long for the 747-8. I just feel bad for Boeing.

1 Like

At least it will probably still be in service throughout our life time. Sad to see the 747 go.

2 Likes

Sadly probably not, it will probably be around for another 20-25 years so the younger ones here will only be like 45 or even 40 when they are all gone

1 Like

Not all. There are still DC-10s around. Those ended production almost 30 years ago. Not to mention that many used 747s can be used for private flying, freighters, and some more things (take SOFIA for example).

2 Likes

I get no 747 operations at the only main airport in the state.

Same, the closest popular 747 spot for me is a couple hundred miles away.

2435 miles for me. It’s sad.

1 Like

They still have the 777x and 787 and 737MAX so i think they will be just fine.

Who? The cargo airlines?

Sorry this was not meant for you.

1 Like

It’s really sad to see such an iconic and beautiful plane be killed by it’s own company. When Boeing rolled out the 787 that pretty much doomed the (less efficient) 747. I’ll miss seeing that at MSP.

1 Like

The 777s also killed it.

1 Like