Larger Regions

So, first off I would like to thank and congratulate the IF crew on launching global, as its amazing!

I remember reading in pre-global features posts that regions would possibly be larger, yet they are not with the update out. For those of us who can’t afford the Pro Subscruption every month/don’t have enough free time to use the sim enough th justify a subscription, this could be a big enhancement.

So I have to ask if this is something that’s in the works?

Is this a feature request or just a question?

I believe they aren’t expanding regions for the moment. Trust me though, save up the money, global Pro is worth it 100%.

4 Likes

Can’t you fly into different regions too?

If you are able too i would save up that 80 dollars for Pro. 100% worth it, countless hours of fun in my experiences. You will not regret it a single bit.

1 Like

Yes, there is such a thing is region hopping on edges of regions as Laura explained on the Podcast. However, some region hops that are not connected aren’t advised.

3 Likes

You can fly from Amsterdam Region to Paris Region and London Region.

You can also fly Chicago to Oshkosh.

But the extra $5 an month is worth it because you will get all planes with global.

Laura said in a podcast before the release of the update that the regions would be expanded in the future and also one can fly between conjoined regions e.g one can fly EHAM-EGBB of course routing via the Paris region.

3 Likes

It’s both really. I wanted to ask about it since it had been mentioned, and since it’s a feature I want to see I didn’t quite know how to categorize it.

I’d love to try Pro, even for just a month. Problem is that I work serveral jobs and don’t make tons of money, so I can’t use IF everyday, and the amount of time I use it seems as though the money is better spent elsewhere, like on bills, food etc. being an adult sucks!