Landings

Hi,

New to IF!
I noticed the number of landings tends to be an important statistic here. I’m having issues getting landings to register sometimes and can’t quite figure out why.

Is there some topic detailing what disqualifies a landing?

2 Likes

Hi there, @Takahashi!

A landing classifies by being on the ground with all main gear touching down.

However, there is a 30 second interval between each landing.

Here is a topic about it:

4 Likes

Hello

Landings are the most challenging part of a flight. You have to get the speed, altitude, glideslope and localiser. You also have to be over the threshold.
Here is a link to a topic I put out before. You will find great tips there👍🏻

1 Like

typically landings will count when the Main Gear touch down, there is a 30 second interval between each. also when many landings are done in one session the app can take some time to account these after the flight has ended be patient and you shouldnt have to wait longer then say 5 minutes

1 Like

And also the current landing criteria are followed

And adding on to what’s been said, on the status bar at the bottom, hold down on one of the spots and go to the far right and you’ll see one labeled Landings and it’ll count your landings for that session 👍

2 Likes

I’ve also noticed that landings don’t count if you land just short of the runway or on general terrain. Make sure to land on an actual runway.

2 Likes

The other key is to make sure when you are done that you exit the flight by using the end flight button. Killing the app may not register the landings until your next session.

Landing on water or terrain will not result in a landing.
Bouncing multiple times on the same runway will not count

2 Likes

Unless your bounces are 30+ seconds in between each other

1 Like

That’s called a pattern.

2 Likes

Or you could have a really long runway and float over it until 30 seconds is up, or just go in an xcub with full flaps

1 Like

If it works, its kind of cheating to increase stats imho.

1 Like

Edmonds air force base California

I do it at kedw on casual when I’m really desperate, no one saying you can’t

I know, I do it there when I’m desperate and I strongly recommend other people doing it to up their landings, you can get 16 landings before you run out of runway

1 Like

👍🏻😏🤦‍♂️😂😳
Lol

Lol. I remember 1 time I needed landings so I went to KEDW and just landed went to another runway landed and kept doing that😂. Keep in mind that was over a year ago.

Easiest way for me Is to spawn in an A318 at EGLL, and just land on each parallel runway.

I got like 130 landings one day…

2 Likes

@AlphaSeven Really? 😂😂😂😂 I did the same

Yep… That’s how I got to grade 5 😂😏

1 Like