Landing with XCub

Is anyone else finding it difficult to land the XCub?

4 Likes

Yes, everything has to be perfect, or you will have a cream cheese

1 Like

Was landing at KLAX and my nose dove straight into the runway

2 Likes

I’m bouncing the landings a bit but I find yaw control on the takeoff roll the most challenging aspect to the Cub.

6 Likes

Yeah, my plane always bounce when I try to land it

1 Like

Lol my plane lands great but when I go under 20 knots my nose dives and I flip over crashing lol 😂

1 Like

Has anyone else read that the Devs and Staff have said that it will be one of the most difficult planes to fly if you fly larger planes?? Read and you will find the answers and keep trying!! 🤦‍♂️

I can take off perfectly, but when it’s time to land or do a touch and go, I bounce. Hope that @Mark_Denton makes a tutorial of landing, with the proper flaps, speed and technique!

As it is a taildragger it is harder to land with just 2 wheels at the beginning. We will have to overcome that if we are not used to fly the spitfire!

EDIT: A small tip (for my experience in the spitfire), if you tend to kiss the ground with your nose, when you land; once you get less than 50 kts start pulling back like taking-off. You will maintain your nose up and touch with the tail gear. Also, do not push all the brakes, do it little by little.

4 Likes

It definitely takes time to start landing the Cub successfully. Just keep practicing. Tyler has confirmed that there will in fact be a XCub landing tutorial similar to how he did the takeoff tutorial. See Tyler’s comment below for more information.

1 Like

I thought I landed ok and then flipped over and nearly got a violation for aerobatics!!

1 Like

It really is weird. It is like I landed this is great, wait wait wait Noooooo!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CliDllCRMQU Hopefully this video can help

3 Likes

Was my post that was commented on 👍🏻😂

1 Like

Appears like it!

Yea lol 😂😂

Mark left us a while back

It’s at @Tyler_Shelton That’s make the brilliant tutorials ✈️

1 Like

Voila! This should help you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.