Landing With No Clearance

Hi,
I made a call inbound for landing to the tower at OTHH few hours ago (Expert Server), the tower only gave me the pattern instruction for the runway, I followed the given pattern and continued the inbound until I landed without a landing clearance. So was this normal?

Well, you should not have landed without clearance, you should have conducted a go-around

1 Like

Um… no. you should not land without clearance. You should call on final. If ATC doesn’t give you clearance at the end you Go Around.

1 Like

Alright, thanks a lot

1 Like

A go-around is not necessary. You can report your position to the ATC who will then check the logs and assign you your landing clearance. This is only if you haven’t received a clearance.

4 Likes

Landing calls can be assigned very late, when I flew in the cockpit of a 737, pilots only requested landing clearance after the 1000 call. Obviously there was contact before, but no landing clearance was given, the tower probably forgot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.