Landing Speed

Can someone tell me what should be an average speed for A320 when landing…?

1 Like

It depends on some of the conditions but I usually try to aim for 140knots, and occasionally that will be too fast and I lose another 5 knots.

Also I see that you are new to this community.
Look at some at this post to get to know the working of this forum.

1 Like

Landing speed should be at 140 knots - 150 knots with flaps 3-full depending on the conditions.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

It depends on so many factors, but in conclusion it’s about 140kts

1 Like

Bottom line is that it depends on your aircraft weight and or the winds. Check theses topics for more help with that.
https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/how-to-make-a-crosswind-landing/50449
You could always use APPR when landing if the aircraft has it.
https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/using-autoland-appr/83045

1 Like

I am unclear why you are suggesting these topics in relation to this question.
The question was answered: around 140 kts.

Cross wind landings is by itself a great tutorial, but not really related to this query.
And then the auto-land… There is absolutely no reason why Pilots should prefer the APPR feature. Real life pilots don’t use it often either. It’s nice to use, but really only serves a purpose in fog conditions. And…you still need to observe the same landing speed, when you do use it.

But, I must say…they are indeed great tutorials. Gotta give you that.

3 Likes

They are just suggestions as to help them understand landing.

1 Like

Thank you for the information!

1 Like

Thank you sir! There are people trying to help me with more information which is fine! Appreciate a lot!

2 Likes

My grammar mistakes! Thanks!

1 Like

If you are using APPR you need to be careful on your speed in the air because it is more prone to stalling. I always go about 150 with APPR then drop it to 140-145 when i am 0.5km away from the runaway. Tbh no one should be using APPR and it won’t teach how to land an aircraft without one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.