Landing Speed

Can someone tell me what should be an average speed for A320 when landing…?

1 Like

It depends on some of the conditions but I usually try to aim for 140knots, and occasionally that will be too fast and I lose another 5 knots.

Also I see that you are new to this community.
Look at some at this post to get to know the working of this forum.

1 Like

Landing speed should be at 140 knots - 150 knots with flaps 3-full depending on the conditions.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

It depends on so many factors, but in conclusion it’s about 140kts

1 Like

Bottom line is that it depends on your aircraft weight and or the winds. Check theses topics for more help with that.

You could always use APPR when landing if the aircraft has it.

1 Like

I am unclear why you are suggesting these topics in relation to this question.
The question was answered: around 140 kts.

Cross wind landings is by itself a great tutorial, but not really related to this query.
And then the auto-land… There is absolutely no reason why Pilots should prefer the APPR feature. Real life pilots don’t use it often either. It’s nice to use, but really only serves a purpose in fog conditions. And…you still need to observe the same landing speed, when you do use it.

But, I must say…they are indeed great tutorials. Gotta give you that.

3 Likes

They are just suggestions as to help them understand landing.

1 Like

Thank you for the information!

1 Like

Thank you sir! There are people trying to help me with more information which is fine! Appreciate a lot!

2 Likes

My grammar mistakes! Thanks!

1 Like

If you are using APPR you need to be careful on your speed in the air because it is more prone to stalling. I always go about 150 with APPR then drop it to 140-145 when i am 0.5km away from the runaway. Tbh no one should be using APPR and it won’t teach how to land an aircraft without one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.