Landing smoothly and using cockpit view

I am wondering how do a lot of people land smoothly, do you have to have HUD on when you’re in the cockpit

How many people also fly in cockpit view and 3rd person view

1 Like

I use cockpit view with hud on. I would use the hud in real life too the only difference is that its not on the window. also listen for the callouts to know when to flare and remember what aircraft you are on and how high you might be riding.

4 Likes

It depends on conditions. I like to use cockpit view while landing but i prefer to use 3rd person while approaching. They can be change, if wind is ok i can use 3rd person for landings.

Because i can see my 3rd person performance on replay; i usually prefer cockpit view to make it realistic while landing.

2 Likes

Using anything other than cockpit view is painfully unrealistic to me. Pic a point on the runway and don’t let it move in the windscreen, then when you get close to the ground move your vision down the runway.

4 Likes

That’s the same like me, I used to hate cockpit view but now I love it

2 Likes

I just use the hud to land that’s all and when I hear 20 booom engine idle and smooth butter landing I go

1 Like

I use cockpit view with Hud on for sure, since we don’t have live instruments the HUD is really the only way to see your glidescope and localizer alignments (and your pitch), which you definitely need for landing. If we had live instruments in more planes I would still use cockpit view but likely without the HUD.

4 Likes

As someone that just has fun, I use the “normal” camera.

2 Likes

I agree so much with that statement

1 Like

I love to butter with No HUD or FPV or somthing I’m a Real life Pilot

1 Like

I personally use cockpit view with the HUD on. I would love to try flying without the HUD. I can’t remember the name of the add on, but one of the IF add ons would probably help.

1 Like

I use cockpit without the HUD all the time. I try to make it as realistic as possible :)

1 Like

I used cockpit with HUD and I aim for at 50 AGL to cut the engins and put the FPV rught under the level line.

2 Likes

I just always use auto land and even on the expert server, the only cockpit view I use is on the Boeing 787 and CRJ series of aircraft as there cockpit view is nice, and the Airbus A380s looks old and pixelated in the cockpit view.

I used to land with full HUD and also I used to make first person flights, for making the flight more realistic!

I used to be the same way. I used the 3rd person camera mainly on planes with wing flex because why wouldn’t touch want to look at that beauty?? But now since replay is here I don’t need to do that anymore. I strictly use the cockpit camera now throughout the entirety of my flights. It’s fun landing without the hud too but it takes lots of practice and it’s very risky because we don’t have live instruments for all aircraft yet.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.