Landing On Autopilot

I’m not doing it often, normally I fly with the A340, but using sometimes the automatic landing is quite nice 😊

It is nice but when its windy you want to be in control. You can always execute a missed approach so don’t be afraid to take control who you’re facing that gusting crosswind!

What I mean is I usually land manually. If I am going from one airport to the other depending on the distance, I would place my place on AP but I have never tried to land my plane on AP. So by tutorial I mean what is the rate of descent you should take to land.

I also find that in this type of sim where your device tilt is directing the plane then a slip or a shaking hand can mess up a touchdown on the centreline. I find autoland useful for this reason

is there a video tutorial on how to properly land a plane on AP

There’s a good article here that should cover most of your questions:

Hopefully that helps a bit?

thank you for the help

No probs! Enjoy 😊

and you think tilting a yoke/side stick doesn’t do anything when pilots land in real life. It just takes practice man.

quick question, how do I control my takeoff? At times my plane will start turning left when I am trying to take off and the only way I have been able to control it is with the rudder

I understand it takes practice and of course pilots have it far tougher but my point is it can be difficult to stabilise a device depending on your situation

I think that’s the floating point error that’s been mentioned a few times on here before. It’s a known issue and being worked in by the devs. Apparently it’s a nightmare to fix though. It’s that or you’re taking off in a crosswind!

Here is a first person view of how to use the APPR.
The Autoland will control your rate of descent, you need to control your speed and flap settings.
There is a lot more going on in this video than just the APPR.
The flight is following the HAWKZ FOUR arrival into KSEA on a RW 16R approach.

Ok thank you. I never take off in crosswinds, mostly headwinds. This whole time I thought it was mostly me.

Only if its bad weather otherwise always a mauel landing for me

Well said! You are completely correct:) I try to tell people this all the time.

Yes, CAT II, III, IIIb and IIIc is only to be used when visibility is poor and when it’s not very windy.

Kind of off topic but didnt want to start new thread. What is the proper procedure for a missed approach?

Also what is the difference between declaring a go around vs missed approach?

You can find missed approach details in approach charts