Landing gear tilt

Every aircraft with two or three axes has a tilting main landing gear, some backwards and other forwards.
Why do the developers seem to ignore this?
Aircrafts would look more realistic (especially the A330/A340), and landings will be smoother.

105 Likes

Landing gear tilt is especilaly important on the 747s.

Best, Boeing707

16 Likes

would be cool to see the landing gear tilt…but also some smoke on touch down as well or tire screeching on contact with ground…oh well

11 Likes

Not related to the topic but here are a few recommendations for posts and comments:

@Laurens keep the title as simple and descriptive as possible. In this case the “…Please!” is unnecessary and superfluous. Good post title = easy searchable.

@Omari_Joseph refrain from writing in bold unless it is for emphasis or title headers. It is more distracting than anything (I fixed it for you here)

@Boeing707 no need to sign each of your post. The comment/post header has your name already.

I’ll try to add those recommendations in the forum guidelines. As a rule of thumb, we want focused discussions, something that is not advancing the current topic should not be added or should have its own topic. “Ok” and “Thanks” should be implicit, use the “Like” feature for that to avoid adding tons of new comments that have no real value to the conversation.

31 Likes

aiight kool…no worries

3 Likes

Sounds good. I’ll make a new signature without my username.

Long live the DC-9!

5 Likes

777-300ER

a330-300

2 Likes

so to the devs 😂 im still waiting on gear tilts. Especially for the A330-340. I’d like my landings to look smoother and feel more realistic. It basically looks awesome when plane wheels are tilting.

8 Likes

Bringing this back up…

2 Likes

Yesterday, during a landing replay, i wondered if someday FDS could add this. haha

1 Like

It makes landing smoother? Wow will really help me land better(not that I can land properly all the time).

2 Likes

I would love this.

I 100% agree with this. It’s a must!!

3 Likes

(I know I’m gonna get a lot of hate but…)
Like this

24 Likes

Why this is IF and that is Aerofly

Because some people don’t like when other apps are “promoted” or compared to IF. There both great simulators/games but people have different opinions.

5 Likes

On the A330… <3

8 Likes

Would look good on 747 like what @Boeing707 was saying

2 Likes

I hope they’ll introduce LDG Gear tilt with the 787 Dreamliner :)

1 Like

Confirmed that it will be introduced sometime.

9 Likes