Landing Gear Suspension

Hey IFC!

I have realized and felt that the landing gear suspension on some aircraft doesn’t exist.

See the clip below. Please focus on the landing gear settling down a couple of seconds after touchdown.

And check this clip. This was recorded in IF. I want you to focus on the landing gear.

As you can see, there is a massive difference between the 2 clips.

Why do we need better suspension?

First of all, realism. The feeling of the plane settling down makes the experience a lot greater so you can actually feel like you are on the ground. Secondly, watching a landing with suspension is a lot more realistic and makes it more enjoyable. This would add another drop of realism to IF.

Feel free to share your thoughts and please show your support by replying to this thread or voting if you agree!

I am aware there is 3 year old request about this, I have flagged that one for closure.

That would be great, we already have suspension on some planes 🙂

1 Like

This is a very nice feature request tbh. I don’t know if there is any other mobile simulator with this feature already, I would like to see this in the near future though for more planes!

1 Like

I am pretty sure X-Plane Mobile has it.

Thanks for your support!

2 Likes

Im sure XPM does

1 Like

Ok, nice to know.

1 Like

I think they will add suspension to upcoming planes, for example the a350 already has suspension 🙂

1 Like

Yes, I agree. The 777 doesn’t have it tho 🤔 That’s why I thought it was worth pointing it out.

1 Like

Yep, it’s not possible to do in on the 777 at this time, hopefully in the near future

2 Likes

I notice this too, as well with the A320 landing gear, in real life the lading gear is compressed to the maximum regardless the weight, on ground. But I doubt they will do something about it because it’s not really relevant for the community at the moment.

1 Like

Bumping.

We really need this… Hopefully devs can at least add something similar.

1 Like