Landing Gear Issue

This is a complicated topic. Today I was doing some emergency landings with the B772 without the gear. At one point, I decided that I was going to almost land without gear, but then at the last second, I decided to extend them. I found that you can land, even when the gear is not extended. And it still makes the noise, and brakes still work. Sorry if its confusing.

Photos:

1 Like

I haven’t tried it on all planes, but this issue is also on the Boeing 787-10

1 Like

man I know this might be a bug but who will extend the gear like 3 secs before touch down, if u have go around, shouldnt have problem…

4 Likes

But its still a bug…

2 Likes

this bug is not such a major problem, not much users have this issue
Just remember next time, forgot the gear before touch down? Go around

I get what you’re saying, but he is just reporting a bug that maybe the devs haven’t noticed. It doesn’t matter how crucial or important or major or minor it is, it is always good to let the Devs know of a problem. It doesn’t matter how small it is.

4 Likes

I just finished testing it, and this is a bug on all aircraft that have retractable landing gear

1 Like

What exactly is the bug?

Yes, you can land without gear. People will confuse the breaks with the friction of landing without the gear. Reverse thrusters still work even without a gead. In your screen shot it is hard to tell but your gear looks down so I just want to understand what exactly the bug is.

1 Like

What issue? I see no issue here…
I approve these landings. 🎖👍🏻

1 Like

There’s no damage model yet, that’s why it works like that.

Yes, that’s possible like in real life

The brakes are only working with the landing gear extended. If you landed without gear your aircraft will loose even faster speed on ground since it’s sliding over the ground.

On November 1 of 2011 a LOT 767 did a gear up landing due to a hydraulic failure. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LOT_Polish_Airlines_Flight_16

Why dismiss it as if it’s not an issue?
There is only a crash if you go head first into the scenery afaik. It isn’t very immersive or realistic to think that you can land the same with or without a landing gear extended.
Can it be that hard to make the plane ‘crash’ without landing gear extended and end your flight so you get no XP or landing count, this would be an improvement even if the crash itself is not modelled.

I am confused what the issue exactly is? Im not sure what you are asking. I am not dismissing the issue.

Planes in real life can with no gear if needed. It is extreme but it can happen.

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion, and the late response. I did my best to put it into a video, as I think that can explain it better than words. Thanks!

It acts as if the gear is all the way down as soon as the gear button is pressed

1 Like

I see what you mean. I just tested and the 737-700 does the same. It’s like the wheel collision is there as soon as the gear button is pressed not when the animation finishes.

3 Likes

Exactly. It’s that way on all aircraft that have extendable landing gear

2 Likes

Is this topic dismissed?

Is this a bug @Chris_S?

Thanks for the video. I will report it accordingly.

2 Likes