Landing gear got into runway

I’m pretty sure my client software is up to date.
While landing my Boeing 717 on EHAM’s runway my right landing gear got into it.

1 Like

First off, Welcome to the community!

To answer your question:

Nope, it’s always been like that if you make an extremely rough landing. Here you have landed on your right main landing gear to hard!

6 Likes

As @Vinne said above, you landed to hard. Try lowering your touchdown V/S to keep this from happening.

Same thing happened to me I was gonna post but then I saw this

From the Support FAQ:
"I just fell down through the ground or got stuck in a “pothole”.

This usually happens when the scenery stream from our servers to your device becomes corrupt for some reason.

To resolve this issue, please try the following steps:

• Relaunch Infinite Flight (make sure you stop it from running in the background first)
  • Before starting a new flight, Go to Settings —> General —> Tap “Clear scenery cache”. It’s in the bottom.
  • Start a flight (try on Solo first)

Note: In some rare cases, the steps above isn’t enough. If that should be the case, you will have to reinstall Infinite Flight.

I think I flared at 30ft…

Maybe the flare was to shallow?

As the fellow users above said, this happens when you completely Ryanair your landing.

This means that you have landed really rough. This has probably happened to everyone one time or another. Just practice your landings so that this doesn’t happen again ;).

Moderators may now close this topic.

2 Likes

The 717’s are the worst aircraft in Infinite Flight to land, worse than people new to the XCub. This aircraft needs heavily updating. I hopped around Hawaii yesterday, and I always butter my landings (I speak for myself here), and I physically could not either drop suddenly or shoot up. You need around 50-60% power to land this thing without fully smashing into the ground.

1 Like

That is just Infinite Flight’s way of saying you had a gear collapse and you are now in a broken aircraft. Too bad they couldn’t animate an actual gear collapse. Maybe in the future

It happens to us at some point. Some aircraft are more difficult to land than others. You can try different landing techniques on casual with touch and goes. It will help the landing count too.

1 Like