Airport: NGFU

Time: 1800Z

NOTAM:
Aircraft: Embraer 175
Departing runway: depends on winds
Livery: Generic
Route: NGFU - PCIS
Flightplan (FPL): CUFFY PCIS
Rules: Stay at least 20nm apart, and don’t hit each other please. Simple!
Ascent: 1700FPM up to FL320
Descent: at your discretion, do all that you need to butter it!
Landing Runway: 09, no matter the winds!
Fuel: MAX fuel! (18,139lbs or 8,228kg)
Cargo/Passengers: at your discretion for weight purposes
Gate: There is only one gate so everyone will have to spawn in each other sorry :/
Date and Time: Saturday the 23rd at 5 PM Eastern time or 10 PM Greenwich Mean Time

Welcome to the abandoned airport landing competition in the middle of the Pacific! This will be a 650nm flight with a landing competition at the end! This airport literally looks like cement in the ocean so it will be tricky and a lot of fun!

CURRENTLY SIGNED UP:
@Marshall_Hilfman
@AllegiantAir
@anon3820355
@Miguel_Ortiz
@Cbro4
@ZZBossGaming
@mariodandy30
@Octoberr
@Jackalus_Mills
@AryaTheLivingMeme
@WardellStephenCurry
@GolferRyan
@Ethan1234567
@Sven

About Kanton Island: Kanton Island Airport ICAO PCIS was opened in 1939 for Pan Am planes to make stopovers with prop planes going from NZ to HI. The US Army then used the airport as a place to move bombers and large military planes to move them into forward combat units against the Japanese during WWII. The airport saw many different types of military aircraft including planes like the B17 bomber. After WWII the airport continued with service as a stopover route for prop airliners going to the US. Though with the introduction of jet aircraft, it was practically abandoned by 1965, with virtually no air traffic servicing there. It was finally closed for good in 1975 but still serves as an emergency landing strip. The island/atoll is now virtually unpopulated with no people living there, but it is now recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site.

Source: Wikipedia: Canton Island (Kanton Island) Airport

Landing at Canton Island airport 2013

5 Likes

Could you Please sign me up

1 Like

I’m in! Sounds like a good idea!

1 Like

I would like to join

1 Like

I don’t think I will be able to make it to the event but I’ll try.

1 Like

Sounds like fun. Go ahead and mark me down.

1 Like

Wait? YOU FOUND ANOTHER KNUC!

5 Likes

Sign me up!!! I’ll love to join!

1 Like

i wouldlike to join, sign me up😂

1 Like

I will join! When is this?

Gimme a gate… coming

1 Like

Check the date and time above under “NOTAMS”. If you’d like to learn how to read an event title date and time because some events don’t include the actually date and time, refer to this: About the Events Category

1 Like

ANNOUNCMENT: THE EVENT HAS BEEN MOVED BACK TO SUNDAY! PLEASE CONFIRM YOU CAN STILL COME!

I would like to sign up could you please sign me up

1 Like

Today. Ya ok. I’m fine with that

1 Like

I don’t think I can come Sunday. Subject to change, however.

1 Like

I might come. How far is the flight to PCIS?

1 Like

675nm. Not exactly sure how long it’ll take but assuming around 2 hours depending on winds? Funafuti Airport is the closest airport to PCIS and it’s almost 700mi away!!!

Sign me up please it looks hard.

1 Like

Sounds cool sign me up

1 Like