Landing aids?

Hello everybody, I just would like to know if you guys use landing aids, cause iceberg never used those cause I thought it was a bit weird and unreal but maybe that can be helpful.

I don’t really use them. Just use the glideslope and localizer, and you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

I’ve never used them.

1 Like

Nope I never use them. Just rely on glide slope and my epic greasing skills.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks I don’t use them too but in videos and photos I saw lots of people using

If you’re someone who uses APPR most often for landings, I highly suggest switching to manual landings as your standard. The red boxes will help when you are just starting.

2 Likes

It depends upon you. If you’re new to landings enable them, master them and when you feel you are ready, disable them and do it on your own. This will help you sharpen your landing skills.

1 Like

I used to use them to develop my landing skills, but now I don’t use them. I think it’s more fun and for me it’s not a challenge any more (used to be). Just hop on to solo and practice landing without the red boxes. :)

A pilot friend told me: in clear weather we disengage autopilot at 5000 ft to keep our pilot skill. But currently we disengage it at 1000 ft. And with very low visibility we use autoland (Airbus).
So don’t be shamed to use it.
At first, and it is an infinite flight joker, you can disengage APPR at 1000 ft in this case SPD keeps set. At 300 ft disengage A/P completely. It’s a good start before disengage it sooner.

1 Like

I never use them.

1 Like

I wouldn’t trust APPR too much as it’s not 100% stable.

Manual flying is the way to go.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.