Landing adventures

Am I the only one who when it come’s time to land like the last 1,500 ft or so has more trouble then anyone. I seem to have a hard time executing a nice soft landing not sure what I am doing wrong. I am either tipping left to right etc or hit to hard or a little short. As soon as I am on ILS and disengage auto pilot I never know exactly where I will stop. I normally fly a 737.
Oddly enough the 2 best landings I have had have been using a Airbus much larger plane. Any ideas?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Watch your speed. Keep it steady until the flare.

Disengage autopilot well before you capture ILS that should help you reduce the time of a nice and steady decent and steady approach.

just until you are experienced enough:

have your aircraft fully configured for landing upon intercepting the glideslope:

• gear down
  • flaps as required (…full)
  • speedbrake armed
  • V REF, meaning something between 120-140
  • trim
    then you can concentrate on flying and do not anticipate configuration changes which heavily influence behavior and performance of the aircraft.

In general:
intercept the localizer first (at 3.000 AGL) and then descent on the glide
Use the flight path indicator. Try to align it with the threshold.
Observe the PAPI

Happy landings

Clipper747PA

P.S.:
Have a look in the tutorial section. There are some hints, you might find useful

Tipping left and right and landing hard, tells me that your are going to slow.
For the 737-700 and 800 fly at an approach speed of 144kts flaps 30, and for the 737-900 150kts, flaps 30.

Why flaps 30? My way of landing the 737 is to come in on base at about 200knts flaps 15 then turn on to final, capture the ils then slow down. Then as I reach the half way mark I make sure my flaps are full, trim 10-20%, gear down, and spoilers armed. Then I do as smooth as possible landing, trying not to tail strike. If this is not the realistic way I would like to know what I’m doing wrong. Thanks

A lot if companies lock out the flap 40 on their aircraft, I think it’s mostly due to noise restrictions, and flaps 40 is just not needed for normal landings.

Every 737 landing video I have watched, use flaps 30.
I also watch a lot of PFD landing videos and use the exact same speeds, flaps and flare as the real aircraft, which when applied to IF, works perfect as well.

try turning your control sensitivity down, I always had trouble before I did that. Somtimes I still have trouble. LOL.