LaMia Bolivia Flight 2933 Crashes in Colombia

RIP. Prayers and thoughts go to their families

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is excited to know that a plane crashed resulting in people possibly dead or injured I would hope.But obviously one of the deleted comments on here proved me otherwise .Prayers to the family of the victims

5 Likes

how can people be exited about this…this is a tragedy for the team, the family of each of the soccer players and also the flight crew. Just leave your aviation llove away and have some respect for the dead people.

3 Likes

Wow, that’s some really sad news. I also read that the soccer/football team on the flight was top in the Brazilian division…

2 Likes

What is wrong with you? Seriously, what’s wrong with you?

3 Likes

We don’t alol say Yay! The planes crashed. It’s such a sad moment! People have died, I don’t mean to be mean but c’mon

4 Likes

Definitely, not the kind of news you want to ever read about… They were a very talented and promising soccer team that were very close to reach their greatest achievement to date. On the other hand, it seems that the flight crew was really pushing the range limits of the aircraft. May all rest in peace.

3 Likes

Don’t know if someone else has mentioned but the death toll is now sadly 76 not 75

2 Likes

This is a very serious source of information on this kind of tragedies: http://avherald.com/h?article=4a16583c&opt=0

😰😰😭😭😩😩 very sad! I heared about this on my way to school. I wonder how "electrical issues cause a plane to crash.

I apologise for my highly inappropriate comment earlier. It was unacceptable as this a very serious incident. I feel bad for writing such. My thoughts are with the family and friends of the victims of this major crash. Rest in peace
I hope the survivors will recover ok from this tragic event.
When I fist saw this article my heart skipped a beat. This is very serious. I am truly sad over this. 😔
@DipperDolphin

4 Likes

Rest in peace for all people who died😔

2 Likes

People on AvHerald are reporting that the straight line distance between the 2 airports as 1605NM, yet the range of the RJ85 is 1600NM… Very marginal.

2 Likes

Avro RJ85 is that the same thing as BAE146?

Yup!
Avro is the “newer” version.

oh ho…i guess i missed that memo…thanks for that…

I wonder what “electrical problems” could mean.
I hope time will tell and problems like this can be prevented.
It’s a horrible situation.

2 Likes

Man, how does anyone survive that?!

Electrical issues may be the result of total loss of engine power caused by fuel starvation. This is a hypothesis that’s been mentioned in the local media.

In the media I’ve heard the pilot had been dumping fuel.
Don’t know where that came from.

1 Like