Lake Pontchartrain Causeway

Hello! I am here with a non a350 related post in your feed! Enjoy!

The place I took these at was the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway, which is the longest ongoing Causeway in the world, located in New Orleans, Louisiana. I thought it looked pretty cool flying over it so I got some pictures. Hope you like them! (The Bridge is the white line by the way, it’s very long as you can tell)

Aircraft: 737-700 SWA heart
Route: KDCA - KMSY
Alt: FL420 (nice)
Flight time: 2:45

14 Likes

I like that bridge. Been on it a lot, turns out it is the world’s longest continuous bridge, being 27.2 miles. Nice to see some local stuff (for me) on the IFC!

3 Likes

When I was flying over it, I saw that white line in the water and had to google what it was. Turns out it’s the longest bridge that stretches 39KM across a river 🤣

And yeah, KMSY is a great airport!

1 Like

I thought King Fahd was longer…

Fair enough

2 Likes

Thank You!

1 Like

Hahah, also my first 19.4 flight was the 737, I’m probably the only human that did that 🤣

2 Likes

@anon79257371 I don’t believe anything you just typed. No one I know likes going on that bridge lol. It is nice to see some local stuff though. My profile pic was taken at KNEW

2 Likes

Honestly seems kind of scary, like if your car breaks down in the middle of that thing you are stranded 😂

Really cool to have a post focused on such a man made construction (even though the landscape is fantastic too). Thanks for this post!

1 Like

Nah, it has a fair amount of traffic. There are cross-overs that allow you to turn around if you have to go back, but most of them are closed, and you usually see a lot of Metairie or North Shore police officers hanging there with their radar guns, so you’re good if you have a breakdown.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words! And yeah, it’s pretty amazing. The scenery is pretty in the Louisiana/Mississippi River region

1 Like

king fahd is an airport, this topic is about a bridge

1 Like

I too have driven through the bridge, they should make a marathon over the causeway it takes like 30 freaking mins!

2 Likes

You get a like just for not posting the A350!

I’m kidding, New Orleans is always fun to fly into!

3 Likes

Look up King Fahd causeway please between Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. Come back later.

1 Like

YAY! New Orleans represent!!!

2 Likes

Yeah, I highly recommend KMSY, underrated airport…

also I wouldn’t be surprised if people liked this for not being a350 related lmao

2 Likes

Fun Fact:

Lake Pontchartrain’s deepest spots only around 65 feet.

4 Likes

Ah, Just enough for me to drown.

3 Likes

Really?! In a lake that big?

@Big_Elijah KMSY is a really fun airport to fly into, I hope people try it! Scenery is great

1 Like