Lagging Internet Connection, Flight Freezing on Live

Device Info: IPad Air 2
Issue: Whenever I attempt to fly on Live, I often get a lagging internet connecting, and game freezing. The issues started about 2 days ago.
Troubleshoot: I checked, and I have 1.5 gb free. This is the first time I’ve ever had this issue.
Things that did not cause this:

• Wifi router
  • Memory
  • Game settings (a week ago, it ran fine on max settings)
  • Brightness
  • Background Apps
1 Like

Have you restarted your router?

1 Like

I’ve had the issue on two separate wifi networks, so I don’t think that is the issue.

1 Like

Delete and reinstall Infinite Flight if restarting your device doesn’t work.

Hi, does your device over heat? Perhaps you have your brightness settings too high, or are playing while you’re charging the device. Also ensure you have other apps shut down as well. Hope this helps ;).

His flight is freezing, that has nothing to do with brightness.

This has happened to me when i had device brightness too high. I dont know maybe im wrong 🤷🏾‍♂️

I play with my brightness below 30% most of the time so I don’t think this is the issue.

(also, welcome back Chris :)

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, although I would like to use this as a last resort.

1 Like

Thanks :), lag spikes mean that your device is probably over loaded and running at often max load. Ensure you have apps closed and maybe delete apps that take allot of device memory and that you dont use.

The only app that I consistently have running in the background is google chrome (and even with more applications open, I never used to have this issue).

Although I will try that. It may improve the lag a bit.

1 Like

Ok Reed, Where were you flying and with what settings etc. Maybe i can recreate this and try to get you a solution :)!

I did a long flight from KPDX to KSEA on Expert. All of my settings were on max.

Let me try that, how many apps did you have open/running?

At the most, the only apps I had running was google chrome / slack.

1 Like

Okay let me try that.

1 Like

One more thing I forgot to mention is my download times for weather has been significantly slower, and the issue sometimes flares when the weather changes. Occasionally, weather doesn’t even download. It appears as ‘N/A’. Also, the terrain on the map has been loading slower too.

Okay, Currently recreating this with max brightness, device plugged in, and 5 applications open. I am recieving some lag spikes here and there but nothing to severe. I’ll keep flying until i get something, feel free to track me on LF in the Seattle region on expert.

1 Like

My worst spike was after i had touched down at KSEA.

Thanks, Will let you know by then.

1 Like