Lagging Internet Connection, Flight Freezing on Live

Okay, I am getting spikes more frequently. One thing i noticed is my device is heating up, and as it heats up it it starts to lag more.

1 Like

It’s good to know that I am not the only one with this problem. Did you also used to not have this issue?

Nope, It seems as your device is getting to much load from basically open apps etc. Try flying with all apps closed and only infinite flight open :).

1 Like

I’ll try that. I also want to wait and see what someone from support says. (since I’m not the only one with the issue)

Remember that i’m still not finished with the flight, I’ll give you the final result once im on the ground :).

1 Like

I am most interested to see what happens when the weather for KSEA loads, and after you touchdown.

1 Like

As i get closer to KSEA i’m getting more and more spikes, we’ll see once I am on the tarmac.

1 Like

35 minutes just to recreate a problem for someone else, that takes dedication. I applaud you @Cpt_Chris! It’s nice to see there are people like you on the community that are willing to help others :)

Looks like you landed

2 Likes

How was the end of the flight @Cpt_Chris ? Did you have a similar issue?

1 Like

Conclusion:

Okay Reed, the lag spikes began in that area that i circled above, plugged in, 3 apps open, and full brightness gave me intense lag spikes especially when I went to the exterior view of the aircraft and when I deployed flaps etc. When i landed in SeaTac i did not recieve any lag what so ever.

Solution: When playing the flight simulator ensure that all apps are closed, play at low brightness and do not have your device plugged in so it does not over heat. If this does not work do a hard reset of your device and also delete infinite flight, otherwhise please do a factory reset of your device (INSURE ALL OF YOUR DATA IS STORED SAFELY)
I hope this helps, warm regards -Chris

2 Likes

I’ll try all of that in the morning, and respond with my results. Thanks Chris for taking the time to duplicate my problem!

2 Likes

No problem, I am here to help ;).

2 Likes

Actuall you have done an enormous and amazing job, well done.

But i heared that KSEA have issues with connection or something, that happens when some people spwan at KSEA and they arent able to connect.

Would those be related?

@Reedgreat is this issue recreatable at another regions?

Thanks! Well if this is an issue wih multiple users than this probably a bug within the region itself. And as you know, I am no developer so I cannot do anything about that 😅.

1 Like

Okay, so this is one of two things. A: We are making our devices run too many things at once causing these lag spikes, we need to tone it down with the ammount of apps on the device. B: There is an internal issue with KSEA with the weather rendering etc which causes lag for some users, which needs to be fixed by the developers, if that is the case i cannot do anything about that. Best of luck :)!

2 Likes

It might be just an issue with the region. I’ll see in the morning, I don’t have my ipad atm so I can’t verify.

1 Like

Hello guys,

My opinion is that this is a “non-region specific” issue.
I normally fly in the London region, rarely fly in any other regions.
In the last couple of days I have experienced the same connection issues on both an iPhone 7 plus (175GB free) and an iPad Pro 9.7 (35GB free)whilst flying or even when doing ATC on TS.

I have encountered the issue on both wifi and 4G, with or without apps running in the background.

Last time I had the problem was yesterday, around 2100Z in SoFlo @ KFLL as ATC, and the day before in the afternoon hours in London region @ EGBB as a pilot.
Haven’t flown since, if needed, I can do a test run in about 3 hours.

1 Like

@Jeno_Farkas Have you tried what I have suggested above? :)

What is your graphics setting?

Well, I suppose this has become an issue among many users. It may not be region sepcific but it was reported mostly in Seattle region. I’ll keep doing this long distance flights with the same settings across different regions on expert. Wish me luck ;).