Lag on my Galaxy s7 edge when playing online

i bought infinite flight last year and never wanted to play live since it didnt really excite me that much. I finally tried it again so i bought a 1 month live.
The first flight i noticed that there was alot of lag when i was on an airport that didnt even have 5 planes on it. I play everything on max settings but i thought my device was able to handle it since on average i have 1.3 to 1.7 gb of ram free. im worried that when global releases i have to play on low to medium settings. Does anyone else has this too?

1 Like

Despite your phone being able to handle it, it is possible that load of the terrain is the cause.

1 Like

Thank you for contacting support! First, don’t panic. We want to help you have the best experience possible. Most issues like slow performance, “lagging”, or crashes are minor and easily resolved. Below are some basic steps taken that may help resolve the issue:

• Keep as much unused internal device memory available. 1GB is the recommended amount.
  • Always close other apps before opening Infinite Flight.
  • Keep your device fresh by completely restarting device power occasionally.
  • Disable active add or message blocking apps.
  • Don’t install unapproved apps.
  • Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device.
  • Don’t install IAP unlocking apps like Freedom or LuckyPatcher. They won’t work and can cause problems that aren’t supported.
  • Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device.
  • Unplug your modem and WiFi router for about 30 seconds, then plug them back in if online “lag” occurs.
  • Disable Anti-Aliasing
  • Lower “Show aircraft count live” setting.
  • Lower Aircraft or Water graphics setting.

If you try everything above and still have trouble, check to make sure you have the latest firmware update available for device installed. Lastly, we recommend you delete the app, restart device power, then sign into the same account used to purchase the app originally to reinstall.

As a final resort, reset the device to factory settings. Be sure to back up all important data on your device first.

If you still need help or have questions, reply with a brief description of the problem. Include reproducible scenario steps and also device make, model, and current operating system version. Screenshots are welcome so we can better assist you and get you back in the air!

Kind Regards,

2 Likes

@Chris_S was enlightening me the other day about Samsung drivers causing issues with IF. I’m not 100% sure its your problem, but maybe.

2 Likes

I don’t think so. I had high rendering terrain and water on. All I did was turn the water off and with the land it still worked. I have a Samsung tablet

1 Like

its just weird that other heavy games on my phone have no issues at all, but on infinite flight i get approximately 15 to 40 fps

3 Likes

Have you read @Neo s reply? A lot of these can help.

2 Likes

i will play online again with everything toned down and report if it helps

2 Likes

I have noticed this problem on my S7 too. Hasn’t happened before though. I restarted my device and lowered the graphics settings to try and fix this problem.

1 Like

Okay. If it does, you can try gradually adding some stuff until it gets too laggy, then leave what works on.

1 Like

its not actually lag but more micro-stuttering. I get these brief dips of fps drops every 5 to 6 seconds. I seem to get them when playing on medium and when playing on Maxed out graphics. The micro stutter doesnt happen alot when in the air tho but on airports

I have the S7. All you need to do is lower airplane count. The problem lies in the device trying to render high numbers of aircraft. You will encounter this at airports as once you get in range the device has to render all those aircraft. By reducing your count only about 4-5 aircraft are rendered instead of 20-30. Just set your aircraft count to low and you will be fine.

Thanks Guys