Lag Issues

I was doing a flight from Gatwick to Heathrow early on when i lagged out straight after take off. My connection was fine and my graphics were fine and I don’t know why it happened. It also happened like 20 minutes ago when I was approach into Gatwick from Jersey. I was at 7000ft doing knots when my phone started lagging when I descended. I ended up quitting completely because my phone was completely stuck on the cockpit screen and I couldn’t change view.

I have galaxy s8+ and the lag has only started early on. Last night it was completely fine

1 Like

Have You Tried:

• Turn Limit Frame Rate ON (box should be ticked) if you notice that your device tends to heat up or if you are experiencing lag. A device that heats up too much is more likely to suffer performance degradation which could lead to lag and app crashes.

• Infinite Flight doesn’t take up a specific amount of storage, it can change depending on the area you’re flying in etc. We therefore recommend that you always have at least 1GB of storage available on your device.

• Before longer flights, it is advised to reboot your device and close any apps running in the background to enhance your experience.

• It is possible to fly and charge the device at the same time. The key to this is to use less power than being charged. One way to accomplish this is lower your screen brightness and ensure Infinite Flight’s low power mode is enabled.

• Disable active ad or message blocking apps

• Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device

• Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings

• Lower the Rendering Resolution setting
    • Lower the Rendering Quality setting
    • Disable Anti Aliasing
  • Make sure you have Android Battery Saver disabled. Having this enabled can cause a lot of degradation in terms of both storage, performance and network.

• Newer Android devices may work fine with Anti-Aliasing on. Turning this off can help performance for older/less powerful Android models.

• Some devices (ie Samsung) may have a Game Tuner app to enhance the performance of games. While some users have not seen an issue there is a number who have. It is best to run IF by itself instead of through a game tuner.

1 Like

Do you have the “limit frame rate to save battery” option ticked in the General settings? This could be the reason for the “lag” you are describing.

Everything was fine until descent. Take off and climb was smooth until I started approaching Gatwick. I checked my settings and limit frame rate was on. I always leave it on and I have a lot of storage on my phone. My Wi-Fi was stable as I was sitting right next to my router to make sure. On the first flight, all my settings were checked aswell

Yes it’s always on. The lag on the second flight only occurred on descent

2 Likes

Was the airport busy in terms of traffic?

Jersey was empty, Gatwick only had 2 or 3 planes on the ground. So it was empty basically

1 Like

OK, did this start after update 19.1?

Yes, before the update it was fine.

1 Like

Did you update to the latest version of 19.1? (A hotfix should’ve been released about this)

Screenshot_20190325-185352_Google%20Play%20Store
Yes the last update was yesterday

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Can you do a quick uninstall and reinstall?

1 Like

Yes I’ve just done a uninstall and reinstall

Do you close all apps running in the background before flying? I would also recommend clearing your cache (IF and device)

Sorry I replied late And yes, only infinite flight was open, I closed all the other apps

1 Like

Got this from a community post a while back…

I would recommend you to install the app “Clean Master” to clean up some unnecessary files. If you have any software updates then update your Android to the latest version.

Also, try wiping cache partition by doing this:

• Turn off the device.
  • Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  • When the green Android logo displays, release all keys (‘Installing system update’ will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  • Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition”
  • Press Power button to select.
  • Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
  • When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
  • Press the Power key to restart the device.

It will take a little longer for the phone to boot up after wiping the cache partition as it will rebuild those files.

If it still happens after these solutions, do a factory reset if you think it’s worth it. Make sure to secure all of your data before doing that.

- Starley (Android Genius)
2 Likes

I just finished a flight and only lagged a tiny bit But not as much as before. I don’t know what it was but it seemed much smoother than early on and thanks for your help

1 Like

Mods can close this

Glad to see your issue is resolved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.