Kuwait Airways A320NEO Missing an emergency door?

Few days ago, my country’s national carrier Kuwait Airways New Airbus A320NEO pictures have been leaked, the airline Is expected to take delivery of the first of 15 In order on August 30.

⭕️But I have noticed something weird on this A20N. Which I’ve never saw on any other A320. It Is Missing an emergency door.

as you see, 1 door on each side Is missing.

Is that door optional? This Is weird.

3 Likes

That means it’s an A319neo 🙂

1 Like

Looks a bit long to be a A319neo…

3 Likes

nope, they only ordered A320NEO.

This Is how short an A319NEO looks like.

2 Likes

Yes, cuz It’s an A320NEO.

D-AUBA is a A320neo that is leased to airlines. The second door is there but is barely visible. Hard to see the black outline

1 Like

D-AUBA Is a test registration, once this A320NEO Is delivered,It will be registered as
9K-AKL.
This aircraft Is not leased. 😁
Indeed that missing door thing Is very Interesting.

I’m sure the door Is missing. 🤔
Another picture:image
Compared to another A320NEO :

2 Likes

Then idk sorry

1 Like

It looks like it’s just not visible, I don’t think it’s possible to have this aircraft with only one over wing exit. The A321N is the only aircraft with different door configurations based on seating capacities.

4 Likes

Just found a third picture from a better angle.
Have a look at this. The door Is No where to be found.🤔

There are some red corners around a window… is that it?

2 Likes

nope. This Is the. “Cut here Incase of an emergency” red Label.

oh, okay. Thought it was just the picture.

1 Like

The window to the right should be the door, you wouldn’t know unless it’s got the markings. That’s being said airbus would have made this clear if it was possible.

1 Like

The A320 is standard produced with four overwing exits. One at each side can easily be plugged and “bandaged over” inside for VIP, premium style or low density (less than 150 pax- certification limit for one emergency exit at each side) use, with no impact on performance or functionality. When resold, the plane simply requires new panels in that area and a new window exit to replace the plug (and of course interior lighting and such).

So that example will be seating 150 or less people so not a high density aircraft.

8 Likes

Well explained mate! Yes that must be the reason!🤔 KU have announced that all of their A320NEOs Will Seat exactly 134 passengers. ( Low density )
Never knew that a low-density A320 door an option that can be removed In a low density configuration.

Thanks a lot, got my answer!

4 Likes

Yep, That one also has a missing overwing door, and It says due to low density. :)

Well that’s an eye opener, didn’t expect this to not be plastered all over the Airbus site. Only the A321 Neo config was mentioned. I’m excited to see their cabin now, must be very spacious!

2 Likes

It’s basically the same reason why Ryanair’s 737-8200 features an extra door between the wing and the back doors.

1 Like