KUDD Configuration Transformation!

MaxSez: Been utilizing Burmuda Dunes (KUDD) in SoCal for years as my go to training strip for GA & light junk. Hit it today direct from the Springs (KPSP), which is close by. Had to do a double take and go around, the rebuild and transformation is amazing. Know the field and hi- dessert well having launched from 29 Stumps for the Salton Sea’s ACM Range often and rolled out of the Dunes for some dessert NOE in a tail dragger. Pleases as “Heck”! Well done Airport Team.

(Note: the term/exclamation “Heck” was utilized in deference to the oh so sensitive few)

13 Likes

I think @dush19 redid this. You’ll have to thank him a little extra haha ;)

1 Like

Some work for @Henrik now. Trying to keep the airport editing buddies busy.

1 Like

Yes I did it, glad you like it Max! :)

1 Like

@dush19… MaxSez: This one’s for you Pal, “Do good Work”

2 Likes

Thanks Max :)

1 Like

@dush19… When you have a chance please look at the location of the 2 box VASI, left side of KUDD #28. Don’t have a clear aerial photo but it appears to be set way down the runway near the first exit. Remember it close to the 28 threshold. On multiple slow D approaches today it was barely visible. Look for it on 3* approach from runway in sight till touch down. Not recognizable. Colors work in the lens system. . Very dim and extremely hard to see ion day/night sorties.
Please check the architectural Drawing. Pls Relocate if required or increase light intensity if able. Sorry tor the trouble. This field is my go to. Thanks for the extra effort. Regards, Max

(Missed the VASI using 10 last time. The preset wind on this unattended field should favor 28 for students no Glide Slope equip on 10)

1 Like

I checked UDD, @Maxmustang. The VASI is placed on the red circle.

I cannot see any other light fixtures near the touch at 28. If you know where it is, let me know.

MaxSez: Thanks for the extra effort my friend! Old Eyes and no stereoscope/stereo pair.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.