KSNA C310 Plane crash 6/30/17

Wow this literally happened just now literally a block away from my office. I know we dont like this but since it has indirectly affected my workday I seem it fit to put it in this category.

Will try to get photos as soon as I can. After all I am working. No info on the crew.

Have you ever experienced a crash near you?
Are you a local to the area?
Has traffic affected you because of this?

VIDEO

19 Likes

I hope everyone is able to make it through. I wonder what caused the crash?

2 Likes

Vis is a bit low but not bad we will find out more as this unfolds

3 Likes

It’s pretty clear down here in San Diego…

Very sad. Thoughts are with all people involved and their families as always.

4 Likes

Thoughts are with the family… was just flying a 172 into SNA on IF, vis wasn’t great but winds weren’t bad

7 Likes

Yes my thoughts the same as @ewanfleming

1 Like

Conpared to yesterday winds are calm. I always have lunch under the path the GA aircraft take on pattern work. O_o

2 Likes

I lived near John Wayne Airport and my brother was driving on the freeway. I think he’s ok. I’ll ask him if he can take photos of the incident.

Fire is out and they are looking to move the plane out now wow intense

1 Like

I heard it’s Live on ABC right now.

1 Like

ABC 7 is doing a great job covering this

1 Like

OMG I was driving down this road from LAX back home, just 2 days before the crash!

Because it was a highway landing attempt, I think it was an engine failure rather than a fuel leak or something a bit more minor like that

1 Like

I don’t think it was a highway landing attempt…the airport is literally 100 feet away from where the plane went down…

1 Like

Now I’m sad I slept in today. I probably could’ve seen the smoke from my house. I sure hope everyone is okay! I wonder if anybody had a dash cam that caught the crash?
EDIT: Oops, I just saw that ABC7 obtained a video

2 Likes

I hope that the families of the current victims in the hospital due to this horrendous aviation disaster are dealing with it well…

2 Likes

I did not experienced it, but a privite plane crashed in an airport near me, no one survived.

well a famous French billionaire was killed at my local airport after the pilot was distracted by a pigeon

I’m being serious

3 Likes

Hopefully the injured recover from the accident. Anyways there hasn’t really been a plane accident near me but Sully Landed about a 45 minute drive away from me

3 Likes