KSMF Runway Numbers

A couple of days ago I was approaching KSMF (Sacramento Intl) on the Expert Server and I noticed a change of the 16 runways. When I announced my approach, and the airport box pops up showing the runways, 16L and 16R were shown as 17L and 17R.

Has anyone else seen this when approaching KSMF? If so, is there a reason for this?

By the way, the ATC announces the runways “16L and 16R,” but it still shows both as 17s in the box.

It may be a small minor issue regarding the magnetic poles. But I am not sure

1 Like

Thanks, have you seen this yourself?

Hello there! I am trying reproduce the issue now, will get back to you soon.

1 Like

Hmm, everything is ok for me. I approaching KSMF in a TBM.

1 Like

Great, thanks! Yeah I’ve noticed it on a couple of flights into ksmf, but I dismissed the first time as maybe just a glitch. Not a huge deal, but it did cause me to double check that I was flying into the correct airport.

1 Like

Are you sure you were on the right Unicom?

Can you tell us what Command this issue occurred at?

1 Like

Okay, thanks for taking the time. Yeah I guess I can chalk it up to another one of those weird things that I’ve been experiencing on just my device. Strange.

1 Like

Yes, I double checked to make sure it was the right Unicom. It just shows 17s where the 16s are. However the announcement is for 16s when the automated voice speaks.

1 Like

Can you please show us a video of what’s happening?

Have you tried reinstalling IF?

1 Like

I’m currently planning another flight, but I’ll definitely post a pic after I do a short flight into ksmf a little later on. And no, I haven’t reinstalled IF, but I may do that to fix some of these things. Thanks again!

1 Like

Were you flying INTO ksmf from somewhere else, or did you spawn in at ksmf? The reason I ask is because I have only noticed when I’m flying into the airport from another destination.

1 Like

I tried both, wasn’t able to reproduce.

1 Like

Okay, got it, thanks.

1 Like

Looks like the runway numbers were changed to 17 / 35 in real life; the airport editing team has already been notified of this recent change.

I think what happened was that other third-party data sources updated in relation to 17 / 35, but we (the airport editing team) just haven’t changed it.

2 Likes

Ahh, thanks, my friend! You just saved me some time. That explains it! Much appreciated.

Will be fixed in next Airport update cycle.
Thanks for mentioning.

Tom IFAET supervisor

1 Like