Kryzlot’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] N/A

Username 👤 : Kryzlot

Location 🗺 : N/A

Frequencies 📶 : Ground and Tower

Server 👨🏼‍🍳 : Training

Quote of the Day: “Hey booboo”!!! -Yogi Bear

NOTAM

• When you reply within this thread please be respectful and take this seriously for not only me but others
  • Pattern work and lots of it! The more the better! It is a great way for everyone to practice and build up their stats

PS
Thank you to everyone who is willing to help and it all is truly and infinitely appreciated

6 Likes

Hey there! Feel free to tag me when you open :)

1 Like

Opening now @nicopizarro

Coming in 5-10

1 Like

Coming in now :)

1 Like

Connie almost got me there with the cutting in line 😂

1 Like

hoppin in!

callsing “American 456”
787-9

1 Like

Hi there. Try open 1hr. Its better, also tag me next session!

1 Like

Will do sorry bout the timing

1 Like

Feedback [N420AB]:

• Good sequences and clearances and G/A on me was great

• However there was an Upwind Conflict with CC-NPR, of course you handle this ok, but there is an efficient way to handle this conflict, here you’ve a good tutorial (look for Upwind incursions) made by our trainer ShaneAviation :D

No other issues, it was a good session, looking forward to have you on the team!

2 Likes

Hello!
Thank you for the service. I was CC-NPR and I have some feedback and advice for you.

(See below for advice regarding each situation)

• [02:04:14z] - Transition Altitude was a bit high.
  • [02:08:01z] - Unnecessary “Slowest Practical Speed” for Connie 0000.
  • [02:12:52z] - Upwind conflict with runway change for N420AB.

Advice:

• Transition altitude is calculated adding 2,500ft to the airport elevation and rounding up to the nearest 500ft. The addition of 2,500ft stands for 1,500ft for maximum pattern altitude + 1,000ft for vertical separation. In this case, PHNL has an elevation of 12ft, which isn’t an altitude of relevance for an autopilot setting, therefore, the better transition altitude would have been 2,500ft.

• Since CC-NPR was instructed to enter the pattern for runway 08L, there was no real need to give a speed command for Connie 0000. You should always expect that pilots will maintain a proper spacing at all times.

• Whenever you face a conflict on upwind with two parallel aircrafts and one of them requesting a runway change to the other aircraft’s runway, follow these steps to solve it:

Runway Change on Upwind Conflict

What you did, it’s not wrong, but we usually prefer to have the aircrafts on one runway on one downwind, and for other runway on the other downwind; it reduces the separation conflicts that may appear between aircrafts on different runways and gives you a better awareness of where is each aircraft going.

Solid Points:
Pattern Entries.
Sequencing
Clearances.
Runway Changes.
Go-Around call due to separation loss.

It was an amazing first session, really good stuff. I have no comments to add, just little to no issues.

Let me know if you have any doubts here or by sending me a PM, I’ll be happy to help.
Cheers,
Nico

5 Likes

U did amazing in my case, even though I didnt hung out for that long, but nice job!

(yes, i called in for inbound more than once in purpose lol)

1 Like

Thanks Andres! Will be sure to watch the video which was also made by my current trainer !

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Really helps out and my thanks for taking the time to come help out

1 Like

And was unsure with transition altitude and so went with the safer choice with the uncertainty 😂 thanks for clarifying though!

Feedback from Connie0000.

1. Transition perfect.
  2. Good pattern and sequences, as well as clearances.
  3. The early turn is my fault, although you’re not safe either. Remember that sequences are lines. That means, when you sequence aircraft, you order them in a line. Each sequence tells an aircraft how many aircraft left until it’s their turn to land, and who to follow. Extending downwind wasn’t quite necessary.
  4. Exit command was unfortunately late. Yes, we have an etiquette on this as well. Basically, you wanna tell engine-winged aircraft to exit at about 80-90 knots. Propeller-winged is 40-50 knots.

Tag me next session!

1 Like

Ok! Thanks for the feedback, I didn’t know if you would turn back downwind and wanted to avoid any conflict as it was pretty close. But now I know for the future 😁

My reasoning is that since I don’t think a pilot would round up 12ft into 100ft, everyone will fly at 1,500 as a maximum, therefore, 2,500ft is safe either way.

1 Like

Roger that ! Thanks again for your valuable feedback !

No problem! Hope to see you with us soon.

1 Like