KPSP 36K53KT Crosswind Challenge

If anyone wants a challenging crosswind challenge, head over the KPSP right now! Winds are gusting up to 53knots

9 Likes

Art that is to easy. I can land with a 60 knot x-wind.

4 Likes

I was just there on tower/ground on TS1 about an hour ago. It was fun watching planes trying to land soft. I saw a Cessna 208 literally blow off the runway and they ended flight haha

3 Likes

I can’t even go like ten yards before my speed suddenly increases. Man these winds!

3 Likes

I had much more spectacular photos but the silly photo resize thing wouldn’t let me share them 😒

2 Likes

I’ll be there soon 😏😏

1 Like

LOL same thing was happening to someone about an hour ago when I was controlling on TS1. They would spawn in and their C172 would tip over trying to taxi!

3 Likes

I even have a photo. I was trying to takeoff 31R and I flipped upside down and skidded on my backside into the grass. Because that’s not proper expert server behavior I left but the point remains…wow!! These winds are atrocious lol.

3 Likes

Should go on TS1 or Expert?

3 Likes

Just don’t use something small or you’ll end up on the roof lol

2 Likes

Just landed a 172 on casual. @Panther can testify.

3 Likes

I’m heading out onto causal so I don’t get a violation. Anyone coming in a 208 to “fly” and by fly I mean levitate with me?

2 Likes

@Hari_Sims this reminds me of us in Hawaii…

1 Like

Right now the winds are picking up in LA. I want the power to go out so bad! (I like power outages)

This is fun XD

Also if you want, FVA is heading over to this airport. Winds are dropping in PSP but still high there. See ya over there @Flightfan84 @Ben

2 Likes

Flew there earlier because there I knew the wind was blowing there and IF would be crazy. So Took a p-38, AC-130, and 747- SCA. Didn’t go so well.

1 Like

Come fly again mate it’s loads of fun!

@david.harper

@DeerCrusher

I spun out right after landing… And meanwhile those two are doing perfect landings while I’m over here nearly flipping…

6 Likes

The winds are crazy man. Pushing my Cessna around.

1 Like

Also saw Laura before exiting.

1 Like