KPIA emergency shutdown

Sorry for anyone on approach at PIA a few mins ago. I had to close unexpectedly to fight a fire in my neighbors yard!

33 Likes

It is not an acceptable excuse until the fire touches your skin.

59 Likes

That’s why they have the fire department. You earned 1 demerit.

38 Likes

Weirdest reason to quit controlling I’ve ever heard…

24 Likes

Not really. I am a Voluntary Firefighter and I hat to Cancell controlling abrupt because I get an Emergency in.

7 Likes

As long as no one was hurt (in the virtual skies or in your neighbors yard), it’s good.

6 Likes

This is the only time in 95000 operations that I had to close abruptly.

6 Likes

Nimrod neighbors left with a burn pile smoldering… when the wind picked up it ignited, and I wasn’t about to wait and see if it was gonna spread to my yard!

14 Likes

Grabbed a hose and soaked it down for 15mins

7 Likes

Ahah Gary,don’t care about that people!(I’m not speaking about your neighbors!)

1 Like

There, fixed it for you. XD

3 Likes

Demerit for preventing casulties in reallife? Riddicolous.

The traffic at KPIA was low and there was only me, 2 other planes and a ghosted Virgin A346 Pilot in hurry.

P.S: send me the message “Avoid sending duplicate messages” for requesting another runway for approach and land is not nice and that after 7 minutes from the last message.

Yours sincerly,

Cpt. FCE
Lufthansa 430 Super

(LH430/A388
EDDF Frankfurt
KORD Chicago
Diverted to KPIA due to severe weather conditions in O’Hare)

4 Likes

what is a demerit

He was joking, not being serious - and if you have a problem with an ATC controller, don’t hesitate to contact them via PM.

I think Joe was joking anyway… 😂

3 Likes

Nice job on twenty likes and counting, “you’re really liked here on the community!”

1 Like

Thank you for fighting that fire.

1 Like

after 7 minutes from the last message.

What do you mean by this?

U see if most other people said that stuff would have went down 😂. Good job @GHamsz for saving lives.

Yes that’s right😂 hope your neighbours are alright though mate

I diverted my A380 to KPIA from KORD, first i requested an approach on KPIA, later i took a look on the diagram to find a parking, important for my A380 due to the wingspan. So I decided to park in front of the General Aviation Hangar, to save time i wanted to take the shortest way to taxi to the hangar, and the taxiway to leave RW31 was to small for the wheels of the A380,

So 7 minutes later i decided to request the unused RW22, and GHamsz responded to me with the message “avoid sending duplicate messages”, see in the picture

Regards
Cpt.FCE
DLH430