Kona To Honolulu To Hilo

PHKO (KONA) - PHNL (HONOLULU) - PHTO (HILO)
Flight time was 34 min from PHKO-PHNL and 41 min from PHNL-PHTO for a total of 1 hour and 15 min
Expert Server

I thought of the idea to fly multiple flights between the islands since I stayed on the Big Island a few weeks ago. I logged onto IF and realized the islands had ATC too, which was obviously great to have. image Turning North out of Kona

Approach And Final into Honolulu runway 8R Departure From 4R at Honolulu en route to Hilo Leaving the island of Oahu Flying over the volcanoes of Maui Approach into Hilo with Mauna Kea in the background At the gate next to two 767s and another 717

19 Likes

The last one is great, the ones I can see are cool too. But The screenshots take maybe 10 minutes to load. (All threads).

1 Like

Lol, I feel you

1 Like

Last one the best :D

1 Like

I’m worried about when you put your gear down, but nice photos mate!

I took that picture right after ATC told me to go around, but I usually put them down 3.5-5 miles from the runway

1 Like

Great pics! How do you remove the HUD to take good screenshots when you are flying? I havent worked it out yet! Thanks in advance!

@Jordan_McDermott use the replay mode :)

Nice pictures man!

1 Like

Short answer, go to the replay of the flight. Long answer, just go to the replay of your flight has you’ll have more control over there than being In-Flight.

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense! Thank you!!!

Thanks!! I should have guessed!

1 Like

When are you ment to put the gear down

I like to get established, then as soon as I am (about 10 miles) I put the gear down. Always before the 5 mile final though.

3 Likes

When is the 5 mile final

1 Like

This is off topic. Please take it to a PM :)

2 Likes

5 miles out from the airport.

3 Likes