KMZJ Drive by. Pinal Airpark, Marana

Hello fellow Airmen,

I had the pleasure to swing by KMZJ the other day and take this video. (It is restricted and you can only get so close)
Please see video here:

14 Likes

This airport is restricted? Or is it just privately owned?

1 Like

The airport is closed to the public I believe. There are ALOT of signs posted saying not to trespass, and there’s only one road where you can’t really stop, and tons of security dricind around.

I know the airport was a former CIA facility

2 Likes

According to the interweb: "Pinal Airpark is a county-owned, public-use airport located seven nautical miles northwest of the central business district of Marana, in Pinal County, Arizona, United States."
But I’ve never seen armed security at other county owned public use airports…

1 Like

Wow, what a graveyard (looks like one)! Awesome!

3 Likes

Wow, that is weird. I searched up the airport and it is open to the public you are probably just seeing the entrance for the company, Marana Aerospace Solutions, which does repairs and storage for all of those airliners you see there in the video. Pretty neat airport tough!

2 Likes

It was a neat experience to see all those planes

2 Likes

Some of the planes looked like they still had engines

2 Likes

Yes, about 20% of planes I saw still had them on, or looked like they were being taken apart. Some planes looked brand new

1 Like

Thank You! Excellent Video!

1 Like

Thank you for watching!

1 Like

That is so nice! Tehran IKA also has a scrapping aera. I’ve seen a lot of cool things there. 744s, A300s, A310s and… You could find pretty much anything there.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.