KLM to retire all 747 aircraft from March 26

Due to Corona related circumstances, KLM will retire all 747 aircraft on March 26.

All 747 aircraft are currently grounded.
A couple of flights are still scheduled. It’s unclear if it will stay that way.

This information was leaked after a meeting that just ended. An official statement by KLM will be released shortly.

In Dutch:

An English source:

17 Likes

Could you add an article to the post? It’s kinda bland and not really explaining anything.

This information was leaked after a meeting that just ended. An official statement by KLM will be released shortly.

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

Not much info is currently known.

1 Like

This is just crazy how much havoc this is causing in the world…

Rip KLM 747.

If British Airways decides to retire theirs this year I might explode 😂

No way they are retiring them on my birthday :((

What a shame to see another fleet of quads leave the sky, those big blue 747s were always a total eye catcher and head turner wherever they flew.
She will be missed

3 Likes

Such an iconic aircraft possibly flying away from our skies… So sad but makes sense to get rid of them at a low point instead of just storing them for now, sad to see them go, but look forward to seeing newer and more efficient aircraft coming into the fleet sooner or later.

Flew in that exact one last September, PH-BFV last December… sadly my last klm 747 flight

Oh great…

There goes another 747 fleet

@anon38496261, care to play Taps?

1 Like

To the Queen! ✈️ 👑

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.